Notices

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by joh View Post
Thanks, came just at the right moment.

@zehjotkah: Could you please add this piece of information in the start post of this thread?

(The -rfull parameter is now default with SMM 10, ie. SMM 10 runs in full screen mode without task bar on top. If you want to switch easily between applications, you have to remove this parameter from the corresponding line of the .desktop file. Alternatively you can press the camera button each time you need access to the desktop. This opens the "open cover" message. After closing the message, the task manager is shown.)
no, because this thread is about SMM9 and some modification don't work with version 10.
Maybe I'll start a new thread later for all the possible modificatons for SMM10.

You could also install for example camkeyd or a similar program to use the half pressed cam button as task switcher.

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
no, because this thread is about SMM9 and some modification don't work with version 10.
The thread title does not differentiate between versions

The SMM 10 thread already refers to this thread noting that most mods would work still. Because it can be expected, that most users switch to SMM 10 rather soon, either in the first post you set a link to a new SMM 10 mod thread or this thread will be filled quickly with posts regarding SMM 10.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by joh View Post
The thread title does not differentiate between versions

The SMM 10 thread already refers to this thread noting that most mods would work still. Because it can be expected, that most users switch to SMM 10 rather soon, either in the first post you set a link to a new SMM 10 mod thread or this thread will be filled quickly with posts regarding SMM 10.
all mods were found and documented using SMM9, so this thread is about SMM9 no matter what the title says. I will change the title later to avoid confusion.
For example the .desktop file I've posted would not work with SMM10.
There are many changes in the settings.ini, too.
Some users will stay with SMM9 so this thread is not obsolete.
Sure, I can link to the (yet to be made) SMM10 mod thred.

I think I got a better idea.
What do you think about using this thread as thread for both versions and I simply update the first post with another "category" so there will be information for both versions but divided so nobody will be confused.
Okay?

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
What do you think about using this thread as thread for both versions and I simply update the first post with another "category" so there will be information for both versions but divided so nobody will be confused.
This is exactly what I was suggesting when asking about "add[ing] this piece of information" (but did not spell it that clearly). I did not want you to delete SMM 9 information.

The Following User Says Thank You to joh For This Useful Post:
how can i use my existing middle east maps from mm9 on mm10, it asks me to activate 3 products. what are those products?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
possible to mod it so you can install both 9 and 10? will change back to 9. but would be realy nice to do some tests with both.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
possible to mod it so you can install both 9 and 10? will change back to 9. but would be realy nice to do some tests with both.
You have to install SMM10 first.
Then you can install SMM9 but you'll have to symlink the folders.
It is possible to run both.

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Hi

I'm using Sygic 8.06 for Symbian s06v3 Nokia N82

I have a problem with customizing my Sygic. I want to make smaller a font in bottom box, delete the sky/fog (top screen) and progress bar (blue bar). At the end I would like change color of path and arrow on red.

For example this is default screen (left), I want to achive sometching like that (right)

Last edited by cutin; 2010-08-20 at 17:11.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by cutin View Post
Hi

I'm using Sygic 8.06 for Symbian s06v3 Nokia N82

I have a problem with customizing my Sygic. I want to make smaller a font in bottom box, delete the sky/fog (top screen) and progress bar (blue bar). At the end I would like change color of path and arrow on red.

For example this is default screen (left), I want to achive sometching like that (right)
Sorry wrong forum. This is only for the Maemo version of Sygic´s Mobile Maps. Symbian or Iphone versions are not discussed here