Posts: 290 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brussels
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
I think that's supposed to lock the menu open, so you can tap an action with your thumb instead.
Yes most probably it's done like this but it doesnt make sense.
In UI you need to be consistent, adding 2 ways of selecting a menu is not a proper way for a consumer to get used to an userinterface.

BTW if you open the tutorial again, and you pull down with no action selected the tutorial say "tap and try again" Clearly, you failed in following the thinking behind the pully menu

Last edited by wout.martens; 2013-12-17 at 10:04.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
I can't be completely sure amongst the general wifi instability, but my previously stated problem of moving between wifi access points with the same SSID but different subnets on the n9 seems to also be a problem on the Jolla.

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brussels
The font size and color in messages is not good.
Incoming fontsize bigger compared to the outgoing.

Outgoing adapting to ambience is often not the right choice

Originally Posted by michdeskunk View Post
- you can't use major of most important commands from terminal (like copy, rm or move) otherwise harmattan
Harmattan doesn't undertsand copy or move, unless you meant cp and mv respectively? Would you mind being a bit more specific, as to what error do you see?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by jsiren View Post
most actions should be in a top pull menu, with perhaps one or two items repeated in a bottom menu.
How would you pull it up without messing up basic page scolling? Wouldn't that require first going to the top of that webpage?

Sounds quite tidous.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 64 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Joensuu, Finland
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
How would you pull it up without messing up basic page scolling? Wouldn't that require first going to the top of that webpage?

Sounds quite tidous.
I did, in fact, first instinctively scroll to the top and try to pull down. The bottom panel took a moment to appear. Yes, it would be a bit tedious, and not perhaps the best option. Another option would be to tap somewhere on the edge of the screen to open a panel, which is not obvious, but consistent with (some) other apps. Maybe the bottom panel is the best option anyway.

Anyhow, my main gripe was the lack of an instinctive "swipe back" gesture.

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Joensuu, Finland
Also, I just noticed this. I don't know if it was the 1.0.1.12 update, the associated reboot, or my recent tinkering with pand, but my Jolla had just forgotten its Bluetooth name and all of its Bluetooth pairs.

The Following User Says Thank You to jsiren For This Useful Post:
Posts: 79 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Pordenone
Originally Posted by jsiren View Post
It's totally non-obvious how to select and copy text.
simply you cannot! in any applications (documents, calculator, notes, email, messages, contacts details)

i guess that meego in his poor life has been implemented better

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Pordenone
you are right sorry man, today i'm not fine!!!!
so problems dosent exist!

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by michdeskunk View Post
simply you cannot! in any applications (documents, calculator, notes, email, messages, contacts details)
You can select text copy and paste it when you are typing text. Just hold long on over the text. Once its copied a notebook symbol appears on the keyboard. Clicking that symbol will paste the text.

I havent yet found any way to select and copy text when theres no textboxt and keyboard active.

EDIT: Links on browser can be copied by tappind long on the link.

Last edited by Rauha; 2013-12-17 at 11:26.