Active Topics

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/04/n...possibly-invo/

Not a shot at nokia, microsoft or any of the Nokia OS's, but I predicted this roughly a year ago and many many short sighted nokia zealots attacked me because of the position I took, the long sighted vision I had.

Given I predicted this exact outcome I feel I'm allowed to gloat and yes rub it in your faces(you know who you are) so all hail the wise and all powerful Oz-.....err Slick!

I was exactly right about the smartphone market share drop AND Nokia making win7 phones. So I felt this needed it's own thread so the community could discuss how to best use my brilliance, my vision to improve this place. And who knows if things go well I might even feel motivated enough to share with Nokia a sound strategy to recover (I have one)

I'm like a super analyst or something

R.I.P. Maemo 5
11/16/2009 - 06/04/2010

The Following User Says Thank You to Slick For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/04/n...possibly-invo/

Not a shot at nokia, microsoft or any of the Nokia OS's, but I predicted this roughly a year ago and many many short sighted nokia zealots attacked me because of the position I took, the long sighted vision I had.

Given I predicted this exact outcome I feel I'm allowed to gloat and yes rub it in your faces(you know who you are) so all hail the wise and all powerful Oz-.....err Slick!

I was exactly right about the smartphone market share drop AND Nokia making win7 phones. So I felt this needed it's own thread so the community could discuss how to best use my brilliance, my vision to improve this place. And who knows if things go well I might even feel motivated enough to share with Nokia a sound strategy to recover (I have one)

I'm like a super analyst or something
Congratulations?

Posts: 433 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ U.K
already has it's own post http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=936043 your 4 days late, lol

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiboric For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Where was your prediction?

No, I was a year early and 4days too lazy to confirm it to all the naysayers

Afterall I have nothing to do today but Watch the celtics lose to Orlando and the packers lose to the Steelers.

R.I.P. Maemo 5
11/16/2009 - 06/04/2010

The Following User Says Thank You to Slick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ U.K
lol has it been confirmed yet or is this another speculation?

Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
No, I was a year early and 4days too lazy to confirm it to all the naysayers

Afterall I have nothing to do today but Watch the celtics lose to Orlando and the packers lose to the Steelers.
Give us the UK Lottery numbers for next Saturday would you mate, if you are that omnipotent?

PM me, yeah? Nice one.....

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Switch_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Why Nokia Needs To Go It Alone
Nokia: The Case Against A Microsoft Phone 7 Licensing Deal
Why Windows Phone 7 can't save Nokia
Nokia Shouldn't Give Up And Switch To Windows Phone 7
Why Nokia should not sign up with Microsoft
Analyst suggests a Nokia-Microsoft suicide pact

IT IS HARD TO GUESS what exactly Adnaan Ahmad, a senior analyst at Berenberg Bank was smoking when he urged Nokia to jump into bed with Microsoft, but it's pretty likely sold by the ounce.

lol. that's from the last article

A recent slide on the Internet showed Nokia's massive R&D budget. It dwarfs Apple's. What the heck are these people working on, cold fusion? Hopefully, it's MeeGo.
that's from the pcmag.com one

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2011-02-06 at 20:50.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Memory is very pliable... I'm making a prediction that your prediction was not as spot on as you thought it would be.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
@OP being early is as bad as being late for predictions. I got really wet waiting for bus to come along, standing at the bus stop cause some guy told me it was coming.

Wait another few more days and the bus will be along just on time

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:

Tags
biggest dork, biggest loser, c u next tues, i hate you, kingfish, rub my dick, slick=thick, trolololololo, wayne ker