Posts: 673 | Thanked: 230 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Mumbai
If people still facing some issues remove home/user/.rocket and .whatsapp/whatsapp.log
Screens:

http://i.imgur.com/N79qtmE.png

http://i.imgur.com/LuDI0NA.png

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lisbon, Portugal
I do not have any of those files, but I have /home/user/.thumbnails occupying 574MB. I'm running out of inodes, although I still have free space. What's on that folder?

Edit: well, mine had 105 thousand files, of which 104 thousand were on the "grid" subfolder and seemed to have all the square thumbnails of all "gallery"-type panes of all apps - Gallery, Facebook albums, Music cover art, etc. I'm nuking it as we speak, but there's so many files that "rm folder" or "rm *.jpeg" is not working, nor does the usual "find . -exec" trick work.

Last edited by tigas; 2014-04-09 at 16:36.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by tigas View Post
I'm nuking it as we speak, but there's so many files that "rm folder" or "rm *.jpeg" is not working, nor does the usual "find . -exec" trick work.
A bit OT but I'm intrigued. How is it not working? Do you get an error? Does it bail out or something? Of course "rm folder" won't work but I've never had a case of "rm -r folder" or "rm -r folder/*"not working, no matter many files there were in the folder (my personal record was a few hundred k, although nested in subfolders, not flat like yours).

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lisbon, Portugal
As a matter of fact, "rm -r folder" could have been working but I always use -rvf and I wasn't seeing any output out of the command so when I did not get back to the prompt in a minute I stopped it. Entering the folder and doing "rm *.jpeg" gave the "too many arguments" error which is usually fixed with a variant of the "find" command with -exec or -delete but it seemed these options are not supported on N9's busybox shell replacement...

Tags
application, popup, space, storage