Originally Posted by ryanml View Post
Is it normal for first boot to take over an hour?
No, a fresh install normally should boot into the initial setup within a few minutes.
Please double-check the following:
  • Use TWRP 2.8.7. This is well known and works fine.
  • Only use the CM12.1 image which is available to download from the first post in this topic.
    Both the TWRP and CM12.1 base are available here. (You can experiment with TWRP versions, but no guarantee that they work while version 2.8.7 will for sure.)

OTA from 2.0.4.13 to any newer version I am not sure that works.
When you upgraded, did you follow the instruction from here?

(I just have upgraded (OTA) my 3.2.1.20 installation to 3.3.016 following this instruction and using the new repos from this post. So far seemingly everything works.)

Originally Posted by mautz View Post
I updated some packages for 3.3, this is why there is a newer droid-hal.

Today 3.3.0.16 built all packages fine, so if someone is willing to test it, here are the repos for cm12.1:

Code:
adaptation-community-hammerhead
http://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:/mautz:/cm12.1/sailfishos_3.3.0.16_latest/

adaptation-community-common-hammerhead http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/devel:/hw:/common/sailfish_latest_armv7hl/
Hi mautz!

I can confirm that the repos work fine. I just have OTAd to 3.3.0.16 and all looks ok. Thank you for your support!

Originally Posted by edp17 View Post
No, a fresh install normally should boot into the initial setup within a few minutes.
Please double-check the following...
Thank you for responding!

I am indeed using the CM12.1 from the first post. I also just tried using TWRP 2.8.7 to flash, there has been no change.

And to answer your question about the OTA, I did follow the steps from that post. It simply resulted in the same issue I am having with just flashing.

I have tried the CM13 version and it works a treat, though I would much rather use this one due to its Alien Dalvik support.

Last edited by ryanml; 2020-07-24 at 00:50.

I have the same problem although i remember having installed SFOS on a Nexus 5 before. So at least you´re not alone.

ryanml, Veraendert

I don't know what the reason can be because I have been using this rom since December 2019 and just have OTAd 3.2.1.20 to 3.3.016 without any problem.
Are you using SFOS on your Nexus 5 as main or a secondary rom with multirom?

Are you using SFOS on your Nexus 5 as main or a secondary rom with multirom?
I am using it as my main rom.

Should I perhaps try using it in a multirom setup?

Also, are there any sort of logs we could pull from our devices that could potentially help solve this?

Last edited by ryanml; 2020-07-27 at 05:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to ryanml For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ryanml View Post
I am using it as my main rom.

Should I perhaps try using it in a multirom setup?

Also, are there any sort of logs we could pull from our devices that could potentially help solve this?
Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I have always been using these roms in a multirom environment, so I couldn't test them as main installations. However, that shouldn't make any difference.
If you can and will, please try to install it with multirom. (Multirom has many benefits, I think.) If this doesn't work in multirom either, I think there should be something wrong with the device itself.
I am unaware of how we can track these down. Probably dmesg and journalctl can give you more about the issues but I am not really good at fixing issues by those logs (well, it depends on the issue). However, if you post some logs here (copy them into pastebin or somewhere else and only post the url here), probably there will be somebody who can help you out.

If you can and will, please try to install it with multirom.
I just finished installing it and there was no change. I was also thinking it may be the phone itself, but isn't it odd that only Sailfish 3.x.x on CM12.1 fail, but 2.x.x on this base and anything on CM13 or CM11 works? I think I may just be out of luck...

I'm wondering if somehow, though I personally think it is rather unlikely, there is some small hardware difference between the US and International versions of the phone causing this issue?

Thank you for helping though, in the meantime I will work on getting those logs, if I can.

Same here. CM13 works like a charm, CM12.1 does not. And I'm in Europe so that's not the reason either. Well, I still have my Jolla1 but then even the old Nexus5 would mean a real speed boost, I suppose.

Originally Posted by Veraendert View Post
Same here. CM13 works like a charm, CM12.1 does not. And I'm in Europe so that's not the reason either.
This is quite a strange issue. I wonder if the user Innocence back on pages 108 and 109 was actually having this same issue, but never figured out that it was in fact booting, just at an insanely slow rate...

I have previously booted it to the setup screen where it asks you to setup your PIN, but the system runs as slowly as the boot process, it literally takes like 40 minutes to go past a single menu.

I'm gonna leave my phone for a few hours to hopefully boot to at least the language screen again, then I'll see about getting some logs.

Last edited by ryanml; 2020-07-28 at 17:31.

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid