Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Dear fellas,
I could use some help here:
My N9 PR1.2 (30.2012.07-1_PR_001) won't connect to the Nokia-Servers VIA WLAN, only via cellular connection.
This happened with the PR1.2-update, when activating dev-mode and when updating preinstalled apps (Real Golf, AP Mobile und Accu-weather).

Download and install of Firefox via Ovistore also failed, due to a dependencies error.
But that might have another cause. When trying to install it via terminal, I get the error "libpango1.0-0 not installed".
I successfully installed 15-20 apps via WLAN with no issues.

Any help is highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
What are "the Nokia-Servers" exactly? And how do you connect to them?

What is the output of "rpm -q | grep libpango"?

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
What are "the Nokia-Servers" exactly? And how do you connect to them?
As I wrote, when trying updates (PR1.1>PR1.2, preinstalled apps and activating dev-mode) my N9 only gets these with a cellular connection. When trying via WLAN the download just won't start or gets stuck immediately with no error message.
All other internet-services work fine via WLAN. That's why I'm assuming it's a problem with the Nokia-download-servers.

What is the output of "rpm -q | grep libpango"?
Here it is (under root): "sh: rpm: not found"

So it seems libpango1.0-0 is required, but I don't have it - How can I get it?

I also tried the command "deb http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/ harmattan/sdk free non-free apt-get install libpango1.0-0" which I googled, but that did nothing at all.

Also I'm unable to install SystemInfo either from Ovistore or terminal. Here's the error in terminal:
Code:
/home/user/MyDocs/Downloads # dpkg -i systeminfo_harmattan_0_322886.5.1.deb

Package systeminfo has package signature (origin 'com.nokia.maemo/ovi')

dpkg: Status-Datenbank-Bereich ist von einem anderen Prozess gesperrt

aegis-installing systeminfo (from 'com.nokia.maemo/ovi')

Package systeminfo: denied 'mce::DeviceModeControl' -- origin 'com.nokia.maemo/ovi' does not allow it

Package systeminfo: denied 'mce::TKLockControl' -- origin 'com.nokia.maemo/ovi' doesnot allow it

Package systeminfo: denied 'mce::DeviceModeControl' for '/opt/systeminfo/bin/systeminfo' -- origin 'com.nokia.maemo/ovi' does not allow it

Package systeminfo: denied 'mce::TKLockControl' for '/opt/systeminfo/bin/systeminfo'-- origin 'com.nokia.maemo/ovi' does not allow it

aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'systeminfo::/opt/systeminfo/bin/systeminfo'

C'mon guys, over 100 Views and nobody's got a hint for me?
Customer-care and Nokia-Forum have no solution and if this is the wrong forum, please accuse and advise me.
But I am absolutely willing to get into this stuff, so would highly appreciate any suggestions.

Last edited by Win7Mac; 2012-04-18 at 00:53. Reason: Update

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 198 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Helsinki, Finland
I Also have this issue. I Have noticed that any updates wont work via wifi but only with 3g. By Updates i mean weather updates (meecast) and nokia software updates and third party software updates.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Win7Mac View Post
As I wrote, when trying updates (PR1.1>PR1.2, preinstalled apps and activating dev-mode) my N9 only gets these with a cellular connection. When trying via WLAN the download just won't start or gets stuck immediately with no error message.
All other internet-services work fine via WLAN. That's why I'm assuming it's a problem with the Nokia-download-servers.

Here it is (under root): "sh: rpm: not found"

So it seems libpango1.0-0 is required, but I don't have it - How can I get it?

I also tried the command "deb http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/ harmattan/sdk free non-free apt-get install libpango1.0-0" which I googled, but that did nothing at all.

Also I'm unable to install SystemInfo either from Ovistore or terminal. Here's the error in terminal:
Code:
/home/user/MyDocs/Downloads # dpkg -i systeminfo_harmattan_0_322886.5.1.deb

Package systeminfo has package signature (origin 'com.nokia.maemo/ovi')

dpkg: Status-Datenbank-Bereich ist von einem anderen Prozess gesperrt

aegis-installing systeminfo (from 'com.nokia.maemo/ovi')

Package systeminfo: denied 'mce::DeviceModeControl' -- origin 'com.nokia.maemo/ovi' does not allow it

Package systeminfo: denied 'mce::TKLockControl' -- origin 'com.nokia.maemo/ovi' doesnot allow it

Package systeminfo: denied 'mce::DeviceModeControl' for '/opt/systeminfo/bin/systeminfo' -- origin 'com.nokia.maemo/ovi' does not allow it

Package systeminfo: denied 'mce::TKLockControl' for '/opt/systeminfo/bin/systeminfo'-- origin 'com.nokia.maemo/ovi' does not allow it

aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'systeminfo::/opt/systeminfo/bin/systeminfo'

C'mon guys, over 100 Views and nobody's got a hint for me?
Customer-care and Nokia-Forum have no solution and if this is the wrong forum, please accuse and advise me.
But I am absolutely willing to get into this stuff, so would highly appreciate any suggestions.
looks like systeminfo tries to use capabilities that are not allowed, so it gets rejected, you can file bug to systeminfo maker and tell him only to use allowed capas. (new version of installer is now more strict about checking the unallowed capas)

And you really should not use http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/ in device since that repo is not meant for N9 (and it easily breaks the depencies).

Last edited by rainisto; 2012-04-19 at 07:29.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by late88 View Post
I Also have this issue. I Have noticed that any updates wont work via wifi but only with 3g. By Updates i mean weather updates (meecast) and nokia software updates and third party software updates.
usually this is badly configured wifi AP which doesnt offer dns server for the phone, so host resolver fails. Or wifi nat behind other wifi nat (also causes problems).

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
I think it is a temporary problem with Nokia servers. My push gmail is also acting up for the past 2 days.

Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
I think it is a temporary problem with Nokia servers. My push gmail is also acting up for the past 2 days.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/04..._gmail_outage/ this might explain your gmail problems lately.

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 198 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
usually this is badly configured wifi AP which doesnt offer dns server for the phone, so host resolver fails. Or wifi nat behind other wifi nat (also causes problems).
I would like to believe so, but this happends on ANY wifi that i'm connected. There is no "failed" -information, it just loads, and then stops. Today i tried to search & download new developer package, failed via wifi, but immediately found with 3G. Same things happens sometimes (about 25-50%) in the nokia store. I really don't know is this a bug or not.

looks like systeminfo tries to use capabilities that are not allowed, so it gets rejected, you can file bug to systeminfo maker and tell him only to use allowed capas.
I guess he already knows. Just wonder why this happens with an "unmodded", regular N9.

And you really should not use http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/ in device since that repo is not meant for N9 (and it easily breaks the depencies).
OK, didn't know better. Want to avoid coding stuff anyway if possible, as I'm not into it.

I've read some stuff @ http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/ but couldn't find anything related to this specific problem. Bugs # 126, 479 + 770 come close but that's not it, I guess.

Originally Posted by rainisto
usually this is badly configured wifi AP which doesnt offer dns server for the phone, so host resolver fails. Or wifi nat behind other wifi nat.
My router is set to autoDNS, N9 gets valid IP and both devices show good connection. No nats, no portforwarding, just a simple router @ factory settings.
But I could try to set a rule for that, if I only had the details.

How can I log or watch these failing connection attempts on the N9???

I now got my ruined Firefox-install-attempt fixed. Used Ovistore via 3G to retry and it somehow completed, some restarts in between too. Firefox now works, but fairly slow. Then tried to get Flashplayer from Ovistore via WIFI but failed. Retried via 3G and voila...

Originally Posted by late88 View Post
Same things happens sometimes (about 25-50%) in the nokia store. I really don't know is this a bug or not.
My guess is that it's content-related. Small, simple apps seem to work fine while the ones going deeper into system are troublesome?
Is this really a connection issue or might this be a depencies thing?
What can I do to further evalute this problem's nature?