Posts: 38 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Zürich, Switzerland
Originally Posted by Strahlex View Post
Great, the only thing missing now is the mac port of the key faking part. I hope I can do this next week.
Hi there,

not to be impatient, but are there any news on the OSX port of the server application?

Thanks,

Thanks for your app.

It works great, but i've managed to hang it twice when loosing connection with the server (bad wifi actually).

You probably should do communication stuff in another thread with suitable timeout and reconnection.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Austria
Originally Posted by jmsarriat View Post
Hi there,

not to be impatient, but are there any news on the OSX port of the server application?

Thanks,
Sorry, I've no managed to do it yet. But I actually managed to set up a OSX VM for testing purposes, so hopefully it could be done soon.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strahlex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by deseven View Post
Thanks for your app.

It works great, but i've managed to hang it twice when loosing connection with the server (bad wifi actually).

You probably should do communication stuff in another thread with suitable timeout and reconnection.
Yes, I've seen that also when the host computer is going to standby state. I thought about a keep alive message, to make sure server and client are still connected.

The Following User Says Thank You to Strahlex For This Useful Post:
Can anyone tell me how to set user commands in qremotecontrol-server?

I'm glad to announce, that QRemoteControl-Server should now work on Mac OSX. Pre-Built packages will follow soon.

Originally Posted by floringeo View Post
Can anyone tell me how to set user commands in qremotecontrol-server?
Just click on the small little plus on the bottom. Now a dialog should pop up. Enter the name of the new command. Change the type either to command, to execute an application or shortcut to create a new shortcut.

PS: The repository has changed to git!

Last edited by Strahlex; 2012-12-15 at 14:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to Strahlex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
How about ability to send strings of charachters as input? This would work with existing barcode reader apps for n9 (copy&paste) to send barcode to a window input field on remote server.

Would be very useful for example in reading barcodes from bills and sending them into a netbank's text input field on a remote PC.

Even better would be an integrated barcode reader, which would send the string upon reading.

Or maybe there's a simpler ways to make N9 work as barcode scanner for a PC?

PS. Yesterday I spilled some tea on my keyboard shorting out few switches. I don't have a spare keyboard so I used QRemoteControl as keyboard for the rest of the day, while my Filco was drying. Thanks for this userful app.

Last edited by ladoga; 2012-12-16 at 11:53.

Originally Posted by ladoga View Post
How about ability to send strings of charachters as input? This would work with existing barcode reader apps for n9 (copy&paste) to send barcode to a window input field on remote server.

Would be very useful for example in reading barcodes from bills and sending them into a netbank's text input field on a remote PC.
Interesting, maybe a "send clipboard content to computer" feature would work. I've also thought about the possibility to use the native N9 keyboard for typing in text (for key combinations it would not work). Copying the content to the computer and pasting it.

Hi everybody,

You can get the QRemoteControl-Server for Debian here:
http://oem.suse.com/repositories/hom...ian_7.0/amd64/

It works with Debian Jessie 64b and surely with Debian Wheezy 64b.

For your N9, you can get Media Player Control to control VLC on your PC with your Nokia N9:
https://allnokia.ru/symbsoft/moreinfo-6741.htm

It works!

Last edited by marktwain70; 2015-05-24 at 15:30.

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I'm using this application all the time on my Jolla, but I wonder how hard it would be to make a Maemo version of it. I still use my N900 quite often, and plan on using a Neo900 when it comes out, but unfortunately there's no Qremotecontrol for Maemo at the moment. Sure I can use VNC, but it's far from being ideal for what I want.