I have BT DUN working on my Verizon Samsung u740.
Its basically dead simple once you realize the "operator wizard" bug. All you have to do is select any carrier other than "Verizon", then go back in and manually change the settings to what verizon wants, and bam, everything works.

Originally Posted by rally25rs View Post
I have BT DUN working on my Verizon Samsung u740.
Its basically dead simple once you realize the "operator wizard" bug. All you have to do is select any carrier other than "Verizon", then go back in and manually change the settings to what verizon wants, and bam, everything works.
I've tried that (using other carriers). I apparently don't have the settings that Verizon wants, because I get authentication errors from their server, whether I put in a user/password or not. The number I give it to dial is #777.

The best one to pick is most likely sprint. They are cdma too. Should work like a charm.
I use internet on the tablet from day one over BT with never a crash or issue. Its totally seamless i leave my phone in my pocket and things just work. The version 2 choc. totally rocks as a modem.

I have tried Sprint. The problem appears to be the login credentials. Using #777 as the number, they connect, but then I get "Remote server error" if I leave the password/username blank, and "Authentication error" if I give it anything in those fields. So, what I need is the correct username/passwd combination. If someone's willing to supply those, please send me a PM...thanks.

People, please search www.howardforums.com for how to tether your phone via bluetooth. In most cases you have to make modifications to your handset BEFORE even attempting to dial #777 and connect online.

This page might help (for KRZR K1m, but other phones employ similar methods)
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1018585

You cannot just take your unmodified phone and connect it to the N8x0's in most cases, especially without a dedicated data plan.

But I HAVE the unlimited dedicated data plan...just not the extra $15/mo DUN plan. I'd only need to use this when I'm out in the middle of BFE with no wireless access points available,

It appears that the link you gave was pretty specific to the Moto KRZR. Anyone have a link to a similar procedure on the Treo 700p? I don't run WIndoze very often but have one box here which dual-boots with it; it always sees the 700p as a Palm PDA device rather than a Bluetooth modem.

I will take a longer look at howardforums.com, though - looks like there's some pretty useful stuff there.

Thanx

Originally Posted by MstPrgmr View Post
People, please search www.howardforums.com for how to tether your phone via bluetooth. In most cases you have to make modifications to your handset BEFORE even attempting to dial #777 and connect online.

This page might help (for KRZR K1m, but other phones employ similar methods)
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1018585

You cannot just take your unmodified phone and connect it to the N8x0's in most cases, especially without a dedicated data plan.
Just wondering here..but what is the difference between modifying your handset like shown on Howardforums, versus the was the person got connected in the first post of this thread?

Thanks for all the info but I STILL cant get my N800 to connect to the internet using the verizon razr. I've tried all the suggestions in the list above, but no luck. Has ANYONE been able to do this successfully?

Thanks,
Steve
Ft. Liquordale, FL

Nearly every Verizon Wireless phone needs to be tweaked first. The Motorola phones must, generally, be flashed as well. This includes the RAZR.

I'm going to do a quick writeup after this.

General instructions are at:
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=938352

The download from this link is no longer available

Originally Posted by aleksandyr View Post
Nearly every Verizon Wireless phone needs to be tweaked first. The Motorola phones must, generally, be flashed as well. This includes the RAZR.

I'm going to do a quick writeup after this.

General instructions are at:
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=938352