Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
If I wanted to improve m4a tag support, what library should I be working on/with or is this a closed portion of the app?

Originally Posted by handful View Post
Also, it's quite strange to hear from you that you have the same problem with the stylus,... because the stylus causes so much more pressure, it's not easy to miss wit that...
Here is an important note: I have a BoxWave ClearTouch screen protector on. May it somehow interfere with Canola's interpretation of the touch events?

Originally Posted by handful View Post
a) the regular list (textual)
b) the grid view (album cover)
c) the album view (proportional grid)
I have just tested it in different modes, using stylus for reliability, and here are the results:

1. Textual list:
Left edge always works. The list itself (i.e. items) works sometimes but rarely, the right edge (where scrollbar appears) never works.

2. Album covers (small):
Scrolling works.

3. Album covers (large):
Scrolling does not work, but clicking on left/right screen edges scrolls covers.
important: scrolling through a list of songs that shows to the right of the album cover works in this mode.

4. Photos (small):
Scrolling works.

5. Photos (large):
Scrolling does not work (opens current photo), but clicing on left/right screen edges scrolls covers.

Last edited by fms; 2008-03-14 at 13:29.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
when im trying to update canola everytime i get a failed to download error. any ideas?

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
refresh the applications list in the Application Manager? it might still be trying to find beta5 because it's looking at an out-of-date list ...

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
ive refreshed the list more than once , ittl start downloading , can see a sliver of the progress bar jumping back and forth a bit then ittl get a little bit downloaded , then go fast up to about halfway or so then i get the error message.

Originally Posted by brontide View Post
If I wanted to improve m4a tag support, what library should I be working on/with or is this a closed portion of the app?
Hey,

The m4a/mp4/... support is built using libmp4v2. If you have any problem with it you can try improving this library. Any problem please let me know

BR

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
there might be an easy fis to the scrolling issue, I'm working on another one of my famous tweaks that will not only help canola, but all apps.

what version of libmp4v2

thanks

Originally Posted by brontide View Post
what version of libmp4v2

thanks
Probably the one that's in Extras
libmp4v2-0 (v. 2.0.0+cvs20040908+mp4v2+bmp-0ubuntu6maemo1)

Closed Thread