I recently purchased this very awesome little device, (N810), and immediately updated the OS because it had an older copy, and everything worked fine.

I loaded mass amounts of files and programs because I was curious about how it all worked. Then I got a memory card, put it in, loaded more stuff on. Then I decided I wanted a fresh install so I could get everything I wanted, and forget what I didn't want.

I re-flashed it back to the default settings. (About Product says its Version 5.2008.43-7) I redid the opening stuff and went to the application manager to start downloading the repositories, and it freezes at 50%. So I went online, physically started downloading repositories anyway, and it still freezes at 50%. I deleted some repositories, reloaded them, same problem.

It hasn't worked since I reflashed the OS. It just says, (No applications available) when I go to installable applications. The update part does the same thing: freezes at 50%.

so what do I do? Anyone have a solution?

I just deleted all but one repository, (Nokia System Software Updates), and it still freezes at 50%.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
I just started getting this as well. I thought it was because I had enabled extras-devel... but no,

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Probably related to the current nokia.com access problems from North America. FWIW it works fine from here (UK).

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
i experienced it as well, and i do not live in USA. still, it seems to be gone now.