Notices

Posts: 675 | Thanked: 923 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
In case people haven't realised, this mod has been included in Maemodder, under 'Make MyDocs Executable'.

One click and it's done!

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar
* D4rKlar on DeviantART * Maemo5 on DeviantART *
_
* M4riNa D4rK Theme and Iconset *
_

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Excuse my ignorance, I havn't had a chance to setup a game with PreEnv yet, but from what I can understand, if you are only trying to remove the noexec on the MyDocs partition so that you can execute a binary, why wouldn't a python script like so work?
Code:
import sys
import os
import shutil
import stat

BIN_NAME = '/home/user/_preeenv_bin'

elf = sys.argv[1]
shutil.copy2(elf, BIN_NAME)
os.chmod(BIN_NAME, stat.S_IRUSR|stat.S_IWUSR|stat.S_IXUSR|stat.S_IRGRP|stat.S_IROTH)
os.environ['LD_PRELOAD']=os.environ['LD_PRELOAD'] + ' /home/user/libprepre.so.1'
os.execve(BIN_NAME, ['./'+elf], os.environ)
EDIT:
Well, I decided to bite the bullet and give it a try. I, obviously forgot to set the permissions properly, but except for that the only problem I seemed to see was that it was taking the service name from /proc/self/exe, and that should be easy to fix in PreEnv. (I tried fixing it with my own LD_PRELOAD but it was causing unrelated issues.)

Am I missing something?

(Save it as runme.py and then in a terminal use:
$ python runme.py brainchallange)

EDIT:
OK Got it working! I am running Brain Challenge from MyDocs without any remounting. There are still quite a few bugs to iron out (I still can't get the service name correct) but it seems to be possible to work.
I updated the script, I wont post the preloaded dll for now because I messed up there a bit but basically it just returns the proper string for any readlink on "/proc/*/exe". It's late here so I am going to sleep. If anyone else has a try, good luck!

Last edited by dbrodie; 2011-01-30 at 21:46.

Need help here,
I've done all the steps mentioned here :

http://www.funamess.com/tw/how-to-in...ithout-symlink

For Assassins' creed
But i can't run the game,
when i run it via x-term i got permission denied,
so i tried chmod 777, chmod +rwx on /home/user/MyDocs.../Assassins

But i get "Assassins is not executable"

help please?
It was working before using this trick so i think it has something to do with the Assassins' file on MyDocs...

Posts: 675 | Thanked: 923 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
I don't think you've made MyDocs executable mate, do other games run from there?

If you haven't tried other games easiest way to check is to go back into

/usr/sbin/mmc-mount

and make sure 'no-exec' has been taken out and the fmask value has been changed from 0133 to 000, if they show up as they were when you go back in then you've not saved the changes properly on exit... which is easily done.

Alternatively just install Maemodder, and press 'Make MyDocs Executable' which will guarantee it's done right

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar
* D4rKlar on DeviantART * Maemo5 on DeviantART *
_
* M4riNa D4rK Theme and Iconset *
_

Originally Posted by D4rKlar View Post
I don't think you've made MyDocs executable mate, do other games run from there?

If you haven't tried other games easiest way to check is to go back into

/usr/sbin/mmc-mount

and make sure 'no-exec' has been taken out and the fmask value has been changed from 0133 to 000, if they show up as they were when you go back in then you've not saved the changes properly on exit... which is easily done.

Alternatively just install Maemodder, and press 'Make MyDocs Executable' which will guarantee it's done right

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar
Ok here's the thing
I'm pretty sure i already saved both files after editing because i double checked them.
But after doing your method, my file manager doesn't detect the internal memory and only reads mmc as "format unsupported"
So i used the trick salazar posted on previous page.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=98

that one,
after that i reboot and file manager went back to normal.
But i can't run the Assassin game, so i check the /usr/sbin/mmc-mount
And apparently it went back to default code, so i changed it again, reboot.
But it still doesn't work.. And the file manager problem show up again... Maybe it's conflicting with that problem?
Also when i tried maemodder, it says "operation aborted... already modified"

Originally Posted by deny_winarto View Post
Ok here's the thing
I'm pretty sure i already saved both files after editing because i double checked them.
But after doing your method, my file manager doesn't detect the internal memory and only reads mmc as "format unsupported"
So i used the trick salazar posted on previous page.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=98

that one,
after that i reboot and file manager went back to normal.
But i can't run the Assassin game, so i check the /usr/sbin/mmc-mount
And apparently it went back to default code, so i changed it again, reboot.
But it still doesn't work.. And the file manager problem show up again... Maybe it's conflicting with that problem?
Also when i tried maemodder, it says "operation aborted... already modified"
Same happened to me "format unsupported" and thanks to your post i knew how to solve it, i was beginning to scream and hit my head with the wall... not another reflash please!!!

Maemodder shows me now the same as you...

What can we do,guys????

I need help installin preenv. my preenv is in the MyDocs folder.I ran XTERM,gained root,cd'd to MyDocs and then ran apt-get install.it says preenv not found any help any one?

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by Sreejit View Post
I need help installin preenv. my preenv is in the MyDocs folder.I ran XTERM,gained root,cd'd to MyDocs and then ran apt-get install.it says preenv not found any help any one?
Honestly dude - ONE post is enough. If you cross post you're gonna get very fragmented answers and the forum will end up in a complete mess. Imagine if everyone did it.....

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=70645 etc etc etc