Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
Is sharing between devices connected under one network a new feature?? like this ?

Also File manager shows shared media.. which is my pc..i can share stuff between pc's now..? no need ssh ?:-/

The Following User Says Thank You to arora.rohan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ India
Old one .It's DLNA .

Web Advices
Tablet Phone X
Blogging Tips
Know IP Address

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Denmark
Nah, seen it since pr1.2 But has probably been there in retail as well.

Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
oh then..sorry..can kill me also.if you want.. :-/

i see the same thing as well..but i want to know...how can i share media with my pc?

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Can anyone point to the best guide for setting this up? I missed the initial conversation on this (well, I read it but wasn't interested) and now the threads I find date back almost a year.

So in short what I wanna know is: Do I need something installed on my PC? Do I need ny "Setting up" of the Media player on my N900?

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
You need a DLNA uPNP server on your PC.
Current versions of Windows Media Player include one built in (Stream > Automatically allow devices to play my media), or there're multiple other choices available - The one provided by WMP is perfectly good, though.
Once you've got your media shared via a uPNP server, simply connect to the same network via wifi on your N900 and youll see the server within its' media player - No setup on the device needed.

Or even simplier, If you have windows 7 you just right-click folder, share tab, and first option from top SHARE thats it Folder Shared you can use it on n900 or enything else that have DLNA that why i found out i need NAS :P

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
I always try to avoid installing extra software for as long as possible, so I fiddled around with my XP desktop and Vista laptop. I got them to "sync" so that I can play files on one PC over WiFi. My N900 however doesn't see any of the shared folders.

I downloaded "Zhaan" but it claims that nothing is connected. Is there really nothing I have to do on my N900 besides connect to WiFi?

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Been there since day 1 of N900, but only shows up when it detects a compatible server on the network.

(I use uStream on Linux)