Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
it worked but now it keeps saying Suitable USB device not found, waiting. its been a few minutes

and i see nokia on the screen with back light off and the light of solid yellow and the phone keeps restarting every few minutes.

how can i make it detect it. any ideas??

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by felbutss View Post
it worked but now it keeps saying Suitable USB device not found, waiting. its been a few minutes

and i see nokia on the screen with back light off and the light of solid yellow and the phone keeps restarting every few minutes.

how can i make it detect it. any ideas??
If you see 'NOKIA' your device is definately not bricked

Pull the battery out, put it back in, insert USB cable into computer, insert USB cable into N900. You might have to hold down power button if nothing happens.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Do not use the filename with angle brackets. As those are used by the
command prompt for i/o redirection.
This is the reason for the errormessage:"Access is denied".

The Following User Says Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
tryed that already. nothing is working it just cant see the device

tryed that already. nothing is working it just cant see the device
Did you run the command prompt as administrator? Did exact steps I stated?
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Right, if that doesn't work, jump on http://webchat.freenode.net channel name #maemo and we'll see if we can help you out. (Notice: that isn't a support channel but let's see what we can work out)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
everything by the letter. and i tryed every combination. it just cant see the device.

For those watching, we suspect it might be a 64-bit Windows issue. Flasher-3.5 only supports 32-bit, it seems like?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
im now trying it on a 32bit windows XP. still not working. keeps saying Suitable USB device not found, waiting

im now trying it on a 32bit windows XP. still not working. keeps saying Suitable USB device not found, waiting
Could you tell what happens on the phone when you plug it into USB? Show up on #maemo again, easier to talk

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:

Tags
lack of quality control