Notices

Update 6/11 : New 0.4.1 rev 28 release with configuration improvements. Added support for my isomount (isomount, isorun, isodrop). Added web/maemo help button in vertical button bar showing project links for configured apps. Changed mplayer assoc for slightly better performance, added shims for dbus invoking many maemo apps... since this is straight bus, alot should work on both chinook and bora.

Download here :
OS 2008
OS 2007

The other thread i made on emelfm2 is really more of a question so i'll try to add some some method to the madness here.

Key Bindings :
Menu Key : Context Menu
ZoomOut : Toggle Left Pane only and split
ZoomIn : Toggle Right Pane only and split
Fullscreen : Toggles Fullscreen (previous icon now does what author intended-- maximize output).

For a rather involved Shockwave flash demo you can view the link below. (Dont try to follow every click... just try to see some of the ways it can be used) Best viewed on Desktop (maemo browser flash runs low on memory with this)
http://wardenclyffetower.com/MaemoFi..._overview.html

Legend of emelfm2's Icons :
Attached Images

Last edited by pipeline; 2008-06-11 at 23:38.

The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to pipeline For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Temple Terrorist, FL
EmelFM2 rules!

I started using it the week I received my N800. Thanks for the flash animation showing how to do things with it. Wow ... I didn't know there was a contextual menu even after 3 months of using it!
Apple 68k Mac: Basilisk II
Commodore 64: Frodo
Palm OS: Access GarnetVM
TI-89 Calculator: TiEmu 2

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Hi,

Thx for the great program.

One little problem I've got in a recent update or change of settings by me is that the trash bin has been replaced by a new icon and expects a trash folder to be available.

Do you know how to revert back to the original configuration?

TIA
Attached Images

Thanks, one thing it has is that its powerful... takes more time to plan your clicks but those clicks are powerful

Emelfm2 uses two sets of mostly identical configuration files (one for user and one for root) in :

/home/user/.config/emelfm2 directory (and)
/root/.config/emelfm2 directory

You can try deleting those directories and reinstall emelfm2 (my installer puts them there). Maybe delete from another program (like xterm or ssh) since emelfm2 saves config on exit. Maybe thats a good idea for a script file in future version (like an emel-reset script)

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston, texas
Originally Posted by OSEmuTech View Post
EmelFM2 rules!
Major co-sign! One of my favorite apps out there, it's #2 in my personal menu right after xterm. More than anything EmelFM2 helps me to learn the linux file system.

I'm no where near an expert, but I find EmelFM2 invaluable!

The Following User Says Thank You to cashless For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Thank you very much for emelFM2 & this tut but I would like to ask if you have any older versions stored?

- The trash icon is incredibly annoying. I run emelfm as root so it works. On a device, when newly flashed, the free space is about 148MB, a trash isn't viable. The older versions didn't have Trash (thankfully). I even tried renaming _Trash to _Delete to no avail.

- Your older configs actually showed options to run programs for the internet tablet. On a jpg, I would get quiver, mirage etc but now I get "gview, GQView, gimp, inkscape...". As much as I wish we had those programs, we don't

Tested on an upgrade from the older version and on a newly flashed device.

Brilliant - I completely missed EmelFM2 first time round as I had no idea what it did.

Gonna install it now!

qwerty, saturn : your problem is likely that my language hack didn't work.

so you could go into /home/user/.config/emelfm2, and rename the config-enUS to your language code.

i had tried forcing locale to enUS so that everyone would use that file... but it didnt work apparently. root mode works because that uses langs differently.

i just found out how to change my device locale and i see this happening and emel is not useful like this, so i'll try to fix today

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pipeline For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Hi, thx for looking into this.

Code:
~/.config/emelfm2 $ ls -all
total 60
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root   4096 2008-03-29 02:55 .
drwx------ 4 user users  4096 2008-03-29 02:44 ..
-rw------- 1 user users  1441 2008-03-29 02:55 cache
-rw------- 1 user users 23592 2008-03-29 02:55 config-en_GB
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root root  24522 2008-02-07 03:04 config-en_US
So, I deleted the %GB file and replaced it by renaming the %US file:
Code:
/home/user/.config/emelfm2 # rm config-en_GB
/home/user/.config/emelfm2 # mv config-en_US config-en_GB
The trash icon has reappeared and works as advertised

thanks again.

Last edited by Saturn; 2008-03-29 at 11:37.

I've updated emelfm2 packages to fix improper configuration for devices with non-English(US) locales.

Sorry, i thought i fixed this a long time ago, but my fix conflicted with root mode theming workaround.

I left the version the same (1.2.5) since its identical otherwise :
http://wardenclyffetower.com/MaemoFiles/emelfm2/

If you upgrade via my repo, be sure to refresh app list since package checksum/hash has changed.

English(US) users do not need to reinstall.

Let me know if you still have issues.