Active Topics

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Leeds, UK
Not a fan of the black and white, makes reading some text quite hard, the white text on lighter backgrounds doesnt work too well. Wallpaper is nice though, but still prefer the nseries blue theme

No yet on the US west cost .

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Can someone please post the Application Manager catalogue info so I don't have to get a Nokia Account to download apps?

Or does the catalogue hide / obfuscate the apps so you have to go to the Ovi store?

EDIT: Bundyo nudged me in the right direction and after hunting a bit I've found this post:

Originally Posted by smage View Post
Ovi added a new repository when I clicked on download and the rpository is:
https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle/ovi/
distribution ./
catalog name Ovi
EDIT2:

Doing an "apt-get update" and "apt-cache search offscr" gives me a list of all of the new apps offered through Ovi.

Last edited by qole; 2010-01-11 at 23:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Can someone please post the Application Manager catalogue info so I don't have to get a Nokia Account to download apps?

Or does the catalogue hide / obfuscate the apps so you have to go to the Ovi store?
you need to go on the site.. coz after you click the "download" on ovi store.. i\the application manger will automatically open and it will download then install the app..

Works in Cyprus by going directly to http://store.ovi.mobi . The Ovi Store icon still says Coming Soon

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Qole - its the same one posted before in the previous Ovi thread.

Catalogue name: Ovi
Web Address: https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle/ovi
Distribution: ./

I'm not sure you'll see them in App manager, use apt-cache to search for birds and offscr.

Last edited by Bundyo; 2010-01-11 at 23:31.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
just type on ur browser http://store.ovi.com (its Ovi beta). Dont use link thats on ur mobile its still give u "coming soon". And when u click to download any application its automatically going to open ur App.Manager and will create link in ur Application catalogs folder to Ovi just like any other out there (nokia system, maemo, extra,..etc) and then proceed to download app.

The Following User Says Thank You to ed00 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Romania: check.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Some nice little fun apps in there by offscr mostly. Couple of themes too (Harmony BlkWhite, Alpine).

I like the way you can browse the store on the web and have it send an sms to your phone with a direct link to an app you want. Then on the phone you can to click on it, login (leave a browser open so the cookie remains for the next one), then download, then wait for app manager to install it.

Frankly I realized this would take a while to check out all the 10+ apps I wanted to, so I ended up doing the following (in case anyone is interested)

1) using Modify Headers extension in Firefox on desktop changed my User-Agent to the N900 one (found easily on various sites)
2) Use that to make ovi store think my desktop is a N900, so it gave me the Download link
3) Downloaded all the .install files for all the apps still on the desktop, then opened them up in a text editor to get the package names
4) Finally pasted all of those in an root ssh session to the phone, in apt-get install <package1> <package2> <package3> etc
5) Took 2 minutes or so to download and install 10 apps including big themes.

I wonder if there's an easier way to select many apps for installation that I missed rather than go through all this.

Sidenote, rootfs is full again

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
Just downloaded Angry Bird! Very addictive!