Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
This is not a Nokia owned forum. It's the forum of the Maemo community. People here come to discuss and collaborate on Maemo and related projects and topics.

What is this thread doing in the MeeGo / Harmattan subforum, I don't know. How a discussion among smart and passionate people sharing so much can go so surreal and off-topic, I don't know either. What I know is that your willingness to help Nokia and Lumia could be well invested in better ways. For instance promoting Lumia among potential Nokia customers. Most people here are actual Nokia customers, please let them enjoy their preferred Nokia devices.

PS: I work at Nokia in the Developer Relations team, mainly as community manager of http://qt-project.org but also active here. My long term focus is the Next Billion strategy I'm sure you have heard of. What many people here see with antagonism is actually complementary in the Nokia strategy and daily work. I just talked about your passion here to my colleague John Kneeland, who focuses on Lumia and Windows Phone ---> https://twitter.com/#!/SirKneeland Contact him, he can put you on exciting tracks promoting these products and everything behind them.
Thanks for the link. I own multiple devices and although I think Lumia is a good product, I am not fanatic to push for it. My main phone is still iPhone 4s, due to its resolution, typing ease, smoothness, and the fact that I can manipulate font sizes. With regards to Nokia phones, I like both Lumia and n9. Lumia is a great touchstone for simple masses, and n9 is good effort but still not good enough as I enumerated on numerous posts. I just don't like over saturated amoled colors.

And by the way: who pays the bills around here? Nokia?

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
This is tantamount to an endorsement of Lumiaman's behaviour here, and as you are a representative of Nokia I don't think it is appropriate, and certainly doesn't make Nokia look good. He is trolling pure and simple, you can't miss him referring to those that disagree with him as "taliban", and that is surely a clear enough sign of it. Quite frankly when someone is deliberately trolling, they are often just doing it for kicks, so can you really tell that he is passionate about Lumia products and not just trying to get a reaction (and succeeding), surely as someone who presumably cares about Nokia (since you still work for them) you want people who will represent your company well and not piss people off.
Well, from his last post... it looks like you got your way. So much for watching to see if he can be groomed into a proper lady-er, evangelist for that platform. The show must go on, then!

Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Well, from his last post... it looks like you got your way. So much for watching to see if he can be groomed into a proper lady-er, evangelist for that platform. The show must go on, then!

Uhhh dummmmramos, dont get too excited. You should get yourself over to droid boards. We will just wait and see how this plays out. I say in 24 months Nokia is worth 10 per share. Will see who is right. Share the popcorn with your droid buds.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Uhhh dummmmramos, dont get too excited. You should get yourself over to droid boards. We will just wait and see how this plays out. I say in 24 months Nokia is worth 10 per share. Will see who is right. Share the popcorn with your droid buds.
I'm on the Android forums too, by the by. Feel free to swing by XDA, Droid Police, Droid Fans, and more. I'm pretty sure they're not fans of the Nokia's Lumia devices either so you should feel at home.

Fair enough. Let's see how it turns out.

Would you like some popcorn too?

Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Love the popcorn man. Anytime.

Hello gentlemen, just decided to pop out from random before vanishing to random again.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
I like the article. Spot on. And the average user proves it by bying it. The average user is smarter than 90% of the people on this board.
Define "average" user.

In my region, almost over 90% of "average users" I meet (I work at a computer retail store, but we do sell tablets/slates, so those should count for mobile experiences), seemed as if they need a hand holding them helping them walk like a toddler who just learned how.

I don't really think I am very pleased to see the standards of an "average" user in general. If that is the standard to be compared to the rest of us here, wow. That's quite interesting to hear, and I'd like to know how you do comparisons of the "average users" you defined to some people here who are, of course, not your "average user."

Well, I'm just curious. But I still shudder over the standards I think you're using.

Lumiaman,

I'm sorry Symbian was too complicated for you and the "average users" that are "smarter" (aka can't figure out anything more complicated than an iPhone) than 90% of the folks here.

What I winder (lol, iPad autocorrect), however, is why a super smart, Lumia guy like yourself is doing here...I mean us dumbasses who can navigate the linux shell, perl scripts and vi aren't smart enough to understand your wisdom and we certainly could never grasp W7 or iOS, so why do you waste your time on us?

Originally Posted by Mize View Post
Lumiaman,

I'm sorry Symbian was too complicated for you and the "average users" that are "smarter" (aka can't figure out anything more complicated than an iPhone) than 90% of the folks here.

What I winder (lol, iPad autocorrect), however, is why a super smart, Lumia guy like yourself is doing here...I mean us dumbasses who can navigate the linux shell, perl scripts and vi aren't smart enough to understand your wisdom and we certainly could never grasp W7 or iOS, so why do you waste your time on us?
It works like this. Ever watch "Who wants to be millionaire". And remember the lifeline you have is to ask the audience for help. And most of the time the audience is right? Right. That is exactly the same here. You give them an array of devices, and the audience by buying (voting with their money) will vote for the best device. Simple as that. And they are right majority of time. So listen to the audience, i.e., the majority, if you want to sell the products. Not to the tiny minority, that happens to be here. Simple as that

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
This is tantamount to an endorsement of Lumiaman's behaviour here, and as you are a representative of Nokia I don't think it is appropriate, and certainly doesn't make Nokia look good. He is trolling pure and simple, you can't miss him referring to those that disagree with him as "taliban", and that is surely a clear enough sign of it. Quite frankly when someone is deliberately trolling, they are often just doing it for kicks, so can you really tell that he is passionate about Lumia products and not just trying to get a reaction (and succeeding), surely as someone who presumably cares about Nokia (since you still work for them) you want people who will represent your company well and not piss people off.
I can only second this. IMHO, Quim, endorsing Lubeman's trolling is not making you or Nokia (which you still represent) to be taken serious in any way. Referring to danramos as dummramos and many others as Taliban seems ok with you, whereas you may think he is / could be actually promoting WP/Lumias semi-professionally enough to refer him to your colleague? I'm sorry and i appreciate your work for the community, but now i finally think you either lost your sense for appropriate reactions / reality, or are being simply too diplomatic, in an UN way. This is sad.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-04-20 at 02:07.

Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
I can only second this. IMHO, Quim, endorsing Lubeman's trolling is not making you or Nokia (which you still represent) to be taken serious in any way. Referring to danramos as dummramos and many others as Taliban seems ok with you, whereas you may think he is / could be actually promoting WP/Lumias semi-professionally enough to refer him to your colleague? I'm sorry and i appreciate your work for the community, but now i finally think you either lost your sense for appropriate reactions / reality, or are being simply too diplomatic, in an UN way. This is sad.
Don't get too sentimental. If you read carefully you can see many more ugly words hurled at NOKIAs new partner, MS. And don't worry, I will not represent anyone.

Tags
backdoors, buysomethinelse, danrantos, goodbye nokia, lumiadork, lumiaturd, nsa_cia_lumia, seasons in sun