Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Great! Love having this handy ap. I'm eager to try this out with a little Python project I want to adapt to SFOS.

What's the maximum text file size that can be opened? I tried opening a giant (500k) hosts file, but the OS kept wanting to kill tIDE for not responding.

BTW, I'm testing on my OnePlus One running ported Fiskarsörangescissors or however one spells that if their memory is working properly

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eekkelund View Post
Try 'pkcon refresh' in terminal and after that try to install again
That seemed to do it. Thank you!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tmi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Finland
Sorry to sidetrack the thread, but I keep running into "pkcon refresh" being the magical command to solve all installation problems. Does anyone happen to know why it needs to be done? Doesn't the OS upgrade run that? Or do the repo contents change after a stable OS release?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to otsaloma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Originally Posted by velox View Post
Looks really great!
Installed neatly on Jolla1 and C for me, haven't tried on tablet (looking forward to it, though).

The Keyboard took a reboot but afterwards it worked well.
Would it be possible to add text selection/copy (with shift modifier; maybe even 'jump to word ending' when it's in caps lock mode) to the arrow keys?
Thanks for testing and suggestion! I will add this to TODO list (but I must warn that it is not on the top of it, yet..)

Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
Great! Love having this handy ap. I'm eager to try this out with a little Python project I want to adapt to SFOS.

What's the maximum text file size that can be opened? I tried opening a giant (500k) hosts file, but the OS kept wanting to kill tIDE for not responding.

BTW, I'm testing on my OnePlus One running ported Fiskarsörangescissors or however one spells that if their memory is working properly
There is no maximum but it can take some time(if you don't kill the app). ATM file r/w is made with Python because when I started to create this application I didn't have C++ knowledge that much.. File r/w is planned to be rewritten in C++..

Ooh, I heard that on ported Moto G tIDE had some problems. Great that it works on OnePlus One

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by eekkelund View Post
There is no maximum but it can take some time(if you don't kill the app). ATM file r/w is made with Python because when I started to create this application I didn't have C++ knowledge that much.. File r/w is planned to be rewritten in C++..

Ooh, I heard that on ported Moto G tIDE had some problems. Great that it works on OnePlus One
Some time, indeed. Granted, this is an exceptionally long text file, but I have to admit I killed the process after about 10 minutes. I didn't really need to edit it after all, just wanted to see what would happen with such a huge input.

[But the OS does get kind of impatient, doesn't it? And it keeps trying to convince me to stop the app every few seconds. Many, many, years (decades?) ago, when I still toiled on MS Windows GUI software, it was always a struggle to break down tightly looping operations enough to sneak a call to "ProcessMessages" from the OS just to keep Windows from trying to seduce the user into killing our application. It was still working, but if it didn't check in with the GUI every so often to see if it needed to move the window around the screen or get hidden by something else, etc., it got put on the hit list. Our motto was: "if it looks crashed, it is", because the user would probably kill it at that point.]

Anyway. I'll let you know what happens on OnePlus X "soon". JK, I'll actually report on this in a day or two

And thanks again for this useful program!

ed:
Tried it on the "new" OnePlus X, and haven't found any glitches, bugs, etc. yet.

Last edited by robthebold; 2016-12-26 at 22:52. Reason: promised oneplus x info

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
I've tried it on the tablet. Looks really nice as well, but it has one down side: That many pixels really make me wish for fancy stuff like editing two files next to each other.
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Some time, indeed. Granted, this is an exceptionally long text file, but I have to admit I killed the process after about 10 minutes. I didn't really need to edit it after all, just wanted to see what would happen with such a huge input.
Oh okay, that is quite long. I didn't expect it to take so long..

[But the OS does get kind of impatient, doesn't it? And it keeps trying to convince me to stop the app every few seconds. Many, many, years (decades?) ago, when I still toiled on MS Windows GUI software, it was always a struggle to break down tightly looping operations enough to sneak a call to "ProcessMessages" from the OS just to keep Windows from trying to seduce the user into killing our application. It was still working, but if it didn't check in with the GUI every so often to see if it needed to move the window around the screen or get hidden by something else, etc., it got put on the hit list. Our motto was: "if it looks crashed, it is", because the user would probably kill it at that point.]
Yes, there is place to improve. Opening the file takes really long time and makes it look like crashed.. Thanks for the feedback!

Anyway. I'll let you know what happens on OnePlus X "soon". JK, I'll actually report on this in a day or two

And thanks again for this useful program!

ed:
Tried it on the "new" OnePlus X, and haven't found any glitches, bugs, etc. yet.
Oooh awesome! So far only Moto G has had problems, thank you for testing!

Originally Posted by velox View Post
I've tried it on the tablet. Looks really nice as well, but it has one down side: That many pixels really make me wish for fancy stuff like editing two files next to each other.
...You kinda guessed coming tablet UI improvements..( Don't tell anyone )

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post:
It seems like the keyboard is missing the comma - or is it just hidden somewhere that I can't find?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
It seems like the keyboard is missing the comma - or is it just hidden somewhere that I can't find?
Woah! Yeah, I think you are right.. Funny that I didn't notice.

Do you @taixzo or anyone have suggestions for keyboard layout? Or more functionalities? I got request for tabulator button so that will be added(maybe long press for 'Enter' button?).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post:
yes, tabulator would be welcomed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Merienth For This Useful Post:

Tags
editor