Active Topics

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
Longer video of SFOS 2.0 on Jolla Phone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy4QkGnmER4&hd=1
Oh wow, it almost like looking at N9 UI and I love it!!!
Their making quite a few changes and I think it's great.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Looking good!

However, now there is an ambience switcher/locking when swiping down. I am a bit mixed about it, because you can't close the open app swiping down, unless there is an option in the settings. Although, it will be easier to lock the phone in an app on 2.0, when not using hardware buttons.

The Following User Says Thank You to NoGeist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by NoGeist View Post
Looking good!

However, now there is an ambience switcher/locking when swiping down. I am a bit mixed about it, because you can't close the open app swiping down, unless there is an option in the settings. Although, it will be easier to lock the phone in an app on 2.0, when not using hardware buttons.
you can still close apps I think from the top but if your in the home screen it shown the profile menu witch I have always missed from Nokia days.

The Following User Says Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Great news, worth highlighting:

Originally Posted by NokiaFanatic View Post
... as well as integration for mobile commerce....

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
I'll believe it when I see it but unless they've added a store, PayPal/Stripe etc, NFC and a secure element they're significantly behind the curve.

I also couldn't run my bank's Android app on my Jolla as it was missing something on the Android side and the app kept claiming I'd rooted my phone. Banks don't seem to like rooted devices.

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
This post might help you:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...5&postcount=87
I have a similar issue with another app, unfortunately it has a more sophisticated method of determining root status, and my efforts to circumvent it have failed thus far .

Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
I think that's for potential partners to integrate their own stuff, not hinting at a solution of their own ... which is still MIA. Just a basic proof of concept to show they can modify UI elements, I assume.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
So they made "unique" UI and after all they go back to N9 style? Why from begging when people asked to keep UI parts/ideas from N9, they didn't listen? I just wonder why companies try to reinvent the wheel and make UI different, instead of improving existing, proved by time UX?
From video it's lagging, not always responsive and far from one hand usage
P.S. As well i like fanboys telling that "unlike" is better before and now happy for N9 ideas. Seems they are happy with anything they are throw at them

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
So they made "unique" UI and after all they go back to N9 style? Why from begging when people asked to keep UI parts/ideas from N9, they didn't listen?
This is such a great logic. In the first sentence, you say that they did what you claim customers wanted and in the second one you claim they did not do it. If they implemented it, they listened, didn't they?
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
I just wonder why companies try to reinvent the wheel and make UI different, instead of improving existing, proved by time UX?
From video it's lagging, not always responsive and far from one hand usage
P.S. As well i like fanboys telling that "unlike" is better before and now happy for N9 ideas. Seems they are happy with anything they are throw at them
I for one don't like the new UI. I have used the N9 and after one year of using Jolla, I find Sailfish' UI far superior. This feels like a step back and I will be thinking twice before upgrading the phone to 2.0.

I watched almost all videos and haven't noticed single lag (I was expecting lots of lagging with this state of hardware adaptation, though), but that probably doesn't mean anything - I'll stop feeding now

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Well, at least notification screen is usable in 2.0. Currently it's more or less useless. Having navigation between app-screen and notifications sideways is definitely an improvement.

Another thing people overlook is that new way of accessing grid (bottom swipe) allows having more than 9 open apps at the same time because scrolling app-screen can be done (at least in principle) without hindering grid access.

Bad thing is that lock screen doesn't seem to allow quick menus. Shouldn't be an impossible thing to implement, but maybe they want to stick with cleaner looking lock screen.

Tags
jolla, nokia