Notices

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
exactly..so..i open the app and realy fast appears the notification of loading complete..then i have really few thumbs placed in a huge black space that is suppodes to be filled with thumbs of other images i have in the directory..if i maximize one and slide it i can see one by one all my pictures..even the ones that do not appear in thumbs preview.

Last edited by ed_boner; 2012-04-06 at 13:43.

i run the command you gave me..weird..it opens your app and makes an inventory of paths to very few of my images..probably the ones that are correctly thumbed..nowhere can i read null pixap..these paths are always "nie ma file :///path to file/file (1).jpg file (1).jpg"
does this help?

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 112 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Poland
Yes, probably I know now what is wrong, that is because of spaces in file name. I tested and it's the reason, I will be looking for solution.

You can rename this two files and remove spaces in name, and now it should work.

Last edited by jendkers; 2012-04-06 at 14:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to jendkers For This Useful Post:
hm..thats strange..because in the default directory i have thousands of pics taken by n900 cam, they are automaticaly named by the device and have no spaces on the name..and still dont appear in thumbs..but ok..i will be looking forward for an update..tks.

If you edit some images with your default image-viewer and when you will save it, image-viewer will ask you to give name, and if in directory is file with the same name, the suggest name will be /filename/ (1).jpg with space between filename and (1). Open any image from DCIM in image-viewer and click "save as" and wait a second and you will see

OK I found solution, app will be making thumbs for files with space in name, I will code this maeby today

Last edited by jendkers; 2012-04-06 at 14:22.

yep..you are correct..tested it myself making a folder with 15pics..if one of them has one space..it only appears 4thumbs..apparently this one space messes up the entire system..if i erase all the spaces in the 15pics names all is fine..still..the spaces between lines of thumbs appear to me a lot bigger than in your screenshot..i wonder whats wrong..
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/3...2040615481.png

Last edited by ed_boner; 2012-04-06 at 14:59.

Ok I have uploaded new version, it should be in 30 mins. Now app will make thumbnail if it will not find in system's thumbnails, tell me how it will be on your phone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jendkers For This Useful Post:
already updated...its perfect now, tks!!!
just a bit disapointed about the speed, as i said i have lots of pics..and now that i finally see them in thumbs the scrolling gets laggy..and also i didnt realized that the app would load all the pictures every time..its a bit boring..but its my fault to have so many photos in one folder...great release, thanks, finally a fully functional portrait image viewer!

Last edited by ed_boner; 2012-04-06 at 18:30.

i dont know exactly where this is going in your mind, but i leave a suggestion for you to consider..if i tap twice in a picture it zooms in..and if i tap twice again it zooms out..its perfectly logic and standard behaviour...but makes the "swipe up" redundant...i believe this gesture could invoke a serie of icons at the top for options like image rotation and slideshow..
once again thks for really nice work!

BTW..the "swipe down" to minimize wondow...sick, man..awsome!

Last edited by ed_boner; 2012-04-06 at 18:33.

I had plan to make this app hiding/sleeping but for now i don't know how to do that, and there still there is a bug when loading in portrait, I fixed that, I will make another upload in few minutes