I'm trying to use Qt Mobility in my app and I have the following line in my Debian control file:

Code:
Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 5), libqt4-dev, libqtm-dev, libqt4-network
But I get this error in the N900 when trying to install the deb file:

Application package missing: libqtm-systeminfo
Am I missing something or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers

Originally Posted by Sasler View Post
I'm trying to use Qt Mobility in my app and I have the following line in my Debian control file:

Code:
Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 5), libqt4-dev, libqtm-dev, libqt4-network
But I get this error in the N900 when trying to install the deb file:

Am I missing something or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers

If you just install the deb-file with dpkg, it does not grab and install all the dependencies. It just gives an error. What you could do is installing the packages from the repository. Become root on the device, run:

Code:
apt-get update
and then

Code:
apt-get install libqtm-systeminfo

BTW, What you quoted are the build-dependencies, which are packages, which have to be installed in order to build not to run the application.

Daniel

The Following User Says Thank You to danielwilms For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danielwilms View Post
BTW, What you quoted are the build-dependencies, which are packages, which have to be installed in order to build not to run the application.

Daniel
So if I want to build a Debian package that anyone could install, what should I include to get the Qt Mobility working?

Cheers

So if I want to build a Debian package that anyone could install, what should I include to get the Qt Mobility working?

Cheers
Check the control file in your debian package, but it should be correct, as dpkg complains. But dpkg, doesn't grab the dependencies, you have to install them manually. If you have your application in a repository, like extras-devel for instance, it installs the dependencies automatically using apt. But in general you would need something like

Code:
Depends: libqtm-systeminfo
in your control file. But the more common way is, to let the debian helper do that for you. Usually the line looks like this in the debian folder next to your source code:

Code:
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends},
Daniel

Check the control file in your debian package, but it should be correct, as dpkg complains. But dpkg, doesn't grab the dependencies, you have to install them manually.
Just to make sure. If I click a .deb file from a web page with my N900, does it uses dpkg? I know that it opens the App Manager.

If you have your application in a repository, like extras-devel for instance, it installs the dependencies automatically using apt. But in general you would need something like

Code:
Depends: libqtm-systeminfo
in your control file. But the more common way is, to let the debian helper do that for you. Usually the line looks like this in the debian folder next to your source code:

Code:
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends},
Daniel
I had those two, but still it would complain about the missing libqtm-systeminfo when I tried to install it by clicking the .deb file.

Also MADDE seems to complain about
Code:
${misc:Depends}
. I can't remember what is said. Something about unknown variable. I tried to remove it, but it didn't seem to make any difference.

I had those two, but still it would complain about the missing libqtm-systeminfo when I tried to install it by clicking the .deb file.
As said, dpkg does not install missing deps automatically. you can run after it failed:

Code:
apt-get -f install
in the terminal, which should take care of the missing dependencies.

Daniel