Notices

My currency was not listed in the free (old) version and I therefore had to create it and link it to the US dollar.

The exchange rates were therefore not accurate and so decided to purchase the new version (hoping that it would include my currency ).

I'm happy with this upgrade. It automatically updated the free version I had previously installed and downloaded a list of new currencies (including mine ).
Portrait mode looks good.

Well worth the money!

The Following User Says Thank You to fixfox For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
I have one question, what if the server is shutdown, will the app automatically pull currency data from somewhere else (for example from where the free version get the data)?
It only pulls data from our servers, but we are doing everything possible that the downtime of our servers is as minimal as possible. But at least now we have control of the situation as the servers are ours. Since the servers which the free version is using are not ours, when there is problems with them, we don't know why, how long it will last and there is nothing we can do about it.

Originally Posted by fixfox View Post
My currency was not listed in the free (old) version and I therefore had to create it and link it to the US dollar.

The exchange rates were therefore not accurate and so decided to purchase the new version (hoping that it would include my currency ).

I'm happy with this upgrade. It automatically updated the free version I had previously installed and downloaded a list of new currencies (including mine ).
Portrait mode looks good.

Well worth the money!
Thanks

Was your currency there? If not, could you tell me what currency it is and I'll see if it can be added.

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Request for the new version.

Make Currency Converter display last date/time updated, every time the app is started.

"Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. Yes is the answer..."

The Following User Says Thank You to inidrog For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by inidrog View Post
Request for the new version.

Make Currency Converter display last date/time updated, every time the app is started.
You mean instead of the "Latest rates already updated" prompt? If that is the case, I think it's a rather good idea and I'll keep it mind for the next update.

Thanks for the suggestion

Sasler, I'm wondering why you are not commenting my problem regarding the auto-rotatate function.

Maybe my problem description was not good enough.
Steps to reproduce:
- hold the N900 in your hands (portrait orientation!)
- start currency converter
- currency converter will be opened in landscape mode (instead of auto-rotating to portrait)

Can someone confirm this?

The Following User Says Thank You to N770-Freak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Sasler View Post
You mean instead of the "Latest rates already updated" prompt? If that is the case, I think it's a rather good idea and I'll keep it mind for the next update.

Thanks for the suggestion
Something similar to this is what I want, cause I don't use the auto update feature.

Name:  currencyconverter_request.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  40.8 KB

Originally Posted by N770-Freak View Post

Steps to reproduce:
- currency converter will be opened in landscape mode (instead of auto-rotating to portrait)

I can confirm that it behaves that way.

Last edited by inidrog; 2010-07-27 at 11:11.

Originally Posted by N770-Freak View Post
Sasler, I'm wondering why you are not commenting my problem regarding the auto-rotatate function.

Maybe my problem description was not good enough.
Steps to reproduce:

Sorry, but I somehow missed that.

Anyway, I just tried it and I confirm that this indeed is the case. But I think it has to do with Maemo 5 not fully supporting portrait mode and Qt 4.6. So there is not much I can do about it before these things are fixed. However, as a workaround, just turn you device to landscape and back to portrait. This, at least when I tried it, will put it in portrait mode.

Thanks for the observation

Originally Posted by Sasler View Post

...But I think it has to do with Maemo 5 not fully supporting portrait mode and Qt 4.6. So there is not much I can do about it before these things are fixed....
FYI: WifiEye had exact the same issues, but somehow the developer managed to fix it. See this thread.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...wifieye&page=9

Well I am almost right, it works sometimes . But I don't use the N900 to start anything in portrait.

Last edited by inidrog; 2010-07-27 at 11:40.