Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
No success.
I'm installing now Windows 7 64bit into the VM for the next try...

Perhaps there are some issues with 32bit systems as guest because the host system are using 64bit drivers.

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

Originally Posted by helex View Post
No success.
I'm installing now Windows 7 64bit into the VM for the next try...

Perhaps there are some issues with 32bit systems as guest because the host system are using 64bit drivers.
No the guest VM has NO bearing on your ability to connect USB devices to it! Only when the device is connected to the VM does the drivers in the VM come into play.

I'd suggest trying maybe vmware player 4. and restarting your computer (fixes many things in Windows).

EDIT:

you may want to try this, right click on the vmware player shortcut and click run as administrator, that might fix this.

Some threads on this issue:

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/306248
http://superuser.com/questions/34304...ze-usb-devices

Last edited by rash.m2k; 2012-11-02 at 21:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to rash.m2k For This Useful Post:
After fiddling around the whole day trying to get it via the USB Network working I just found out how to connect Eclipse (BB SDK) to the BlackBerry device via WiFi. Just like it is possible at the Nokia N9 and C7.

The connection is not very reliable and quite slow compared to USB, but even better than nothing and wasting a again a whole day booting my desktop again and again until I get the routing across different subnets working. So, I guess I need to stick to WiFi until a unexpected wonder happens.

Thanks for everyone who has tried to help me with my issue! I would have loved to post here a step by step guide how to get this at a ugly Windows 7 host working... but perhaps this honour is reserved for somebody else.

The Following User Says Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
That was a step by step guide in my post above.

From what I can tell something is wrong with your HOST usb drivers/device.

Checkout the links above.

FYI - If you want to get it working then re-install your HOST windows 7, and after installing virus scanner, the first thing you should install is vmware player - BEFORE installing ANY drivers!

Last edited by rash.m2k; 2012-11-03 at 10:09.

One more thing. If you want I can connect to your host via teamviewer (there is a linux rpm version) and have a look at it. I have no other ideas since everything *seems* to be covered in these three pages.

Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
From what I can tell something is wrong with your HOST usb drivers/device.
This might be the case. I tried the Microsoft Virtual PC solution and VirtualBox before installing VMware.

Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
FYI - If you want to get it working then re-install your HOST windows 7, and after installing virus scanner, the first thing you should install is vmware player - BEFORE installing ANY drivers!
Thanks, reinstalling a host is always a pain for me. Perhaps a task for my christmas holidays.
But I will test it at a spare Harddrive at my next day off and will update here if simply the installation of the host was screwed.

Originally Posted by Zvjer View Post
One more thing. If you want I can connect to your host via teamviewer (there is a linux rpm version) and have a look at it. I have no other ideas since everything *seems* to be covered in these three pages.
Thank you for the offer. Will try the reinstallation of the host first. If nobody else seems to have those probelems it seems that I have screwed something up.

Just just need a bit more base knowledge about foundations you are building on. After that you'll be your own king! ;-)