Notices

Ok, though there aren't any reliable WEP sources near my local Second Cup to test association on, I can confirm that everything up to that point worked for me once sudser was installed.

If you try airmon-ng on the command line and see something about a missing "iw", ignore it, installing iw uninstalls aircrack-ng.

Good news about the coming GUI! Though the ASCII interface is cool in its own right

Originally Posted by tehowe View Post
'uboot-pr13 conflicts with kernel-power' I'm told, while running dpkg on the first deb file in the tutorial.

I'll just remove uboot and try again , but heads up to anyone wanting to use lxp's modded driver - it looks like multiboot may not work alongside the patched kernel that you need to install.

Edit: Removed that package and proceeding with install tutorial ok. There's still some kind of multiloader screen at bootup, so maybe an earlier version than pr1.3

Edit2: Finished tutorial, checked uname -r and power kernel is there but running load.sh doesn't seem to bring the patched kernel online: the output of airmon-ng start wlan0 indicates driver wl12xx and it returns an error reading... ERROR: Neither the sysfs interface linksnor the iw command is available. And then it says I need to download iw. Very well, ok.

I installed bash3 but using sudo gainroot to run these commands, which drops Xterminal back into BusyBox.

Last edited by tehowe; 2011-01-25 at 21:04.

Originally Posted by leetut View Post
to learn, and because i donated, i also have the right to do what i want with my device without asking permission from people with more linux experience than me

and i dont know who Faheem is, or why he blew his lid, infact ive never even seen that name before, but i can certainly see why n00bs joining the forum get a lot of grief!

p.s. i dont know what a vFAT partition is, i dont want to know and i dont need to know

anyway thanks for your help, it was greatly appreciated, ive learned so much from you that i feel a special bond towards you now
I'd have to disagree with this kind of statement Seriously all of these are needed and you have to learn it all. You can't learn algebra without learning how to use addition, subtraction, multiplication & division and same goes for learning extraction on linux without learning permissions and filesystems.
just FYI linux !=(not equals) windows so file permission algorithms are different...
vfat = windows while ext = linux
extracting a linux file with permission to an unsupported filesystem will lose it's permissions for it's necessary filesystem which in result would make it unable to be executed/accessed.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Step 5:
This step is only needed if you have multiboot on your N900 (credits goes to stlpaul):
Code:
/home/user/MyDocs/wl1251-maemo/binary/kernel-power # cd /boot
/boot # mv zImage-2.6.28-maemo46-wl1 multiboot/vmlinuz-2.6.28.10power46-wl1
if you haven't installed leafpad type:
Code:
/boot # apt-get install leafpad
Next, create the file /etc/multiboot.d/01-Maemo-2.6.28.10power46-wl1.item using leafpad:
Code:
/boot # leafpad /etc/multiboot.d/01-Maemo-2.6.28.10power46-wl1.item
and write this into leafpad:
Code:
ITEM_NAME="Maemo 2.6.28.10power46-wl1"
ITEM_KERNEL=2.6.28.10power46-wl1
ITEM_MODULES=ext3
save the file

Power off and boot your phone again while the keyboard is slide open.
Select the kernel from the boot list:
Maemo 2.6.28.10power46-wl1
break the phone restart loop all time, i can't select the kernel but don't see the boot list, restart, restart and restart, help me please.

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Norway
Well I too got the "Cant flash kernel, required files not found guru meditation #00000025.62017712.

Guess ill flash back to stock tomorrow;<

------------------------------------------
Alienware M15X
Razer Naga/Lycosa/Charcarias
Win7 - Ubuntu 10.10

Did I help you ? Then thank me ! --->

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California
Would 2.6.28.10power42 be sufficient?

Cause I can't find power46 with regular repository enabled, nor does it show up in updates.

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
Originally Posted by hawaii View Post

You might find learning a bit easier, if you actually tried, instead of copying and pasting stuff you found on the internet.
hmm strange that im running almost every other n900 mod on my device without problems
and ive never had any problems copy/pasting the commands mohammadAG posts in his threads
they all do exactly what he said they would, first time without issues

i see what you mean lee !!

no need really

i've already donated using paypal but nothing shows up after i proceed with the payment. am i suppose to receive the download link through my paypay email?

can anyone help me please? I've made the donation but I have no idea how I'm suppose to get the link. I'm stucked at paypal page after making the payment.

Originally Posted by ashboy87 View Post
can anyone help me please? I've made the donation but I have no idea how I'm suppose to get the link. I'm stucked at paypal page after making the payment.
time maybe lxp aint checked email yet , you link will arrive dont worry

Tags
aircrack, aircrack-ng, tutorial