Well, I recall reading somewhere that the iPod screen is quite expensive (single most expensive component on that damn thing), so having one on N810 would have (among other possible downsides) pushed the price up even further. And I am not sure it would be that great with a stylus anyway (yes you still need the stylus every now and then).

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I think the house down the street is way stronger than the N810. If you drop the house down the street a few feet from the ground it won't crack at all. The N810 needs to be a brick, because that's what makes the house down the street strong. I also picked up a Wifi signal from the house down the street so I think it's Wifi capable. Not only that, but there's a couple of coax jacks so I assume it has tv-out as well. The house down the street is also heated in the winter.

Would anyone else like to compare apples and oranges?

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Northern California
Thank you Hedgecore

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Oh yeah? Well MY house down the street is two-storey, has a boat out front and a lawn that's always mowed. Does the N810 have THAT? No. Sucks.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Yeah? Well I've got an iPhone in my house.

Crap. Come full circle.

Anyway, in a poor attempt to get back on topic. Nokia Canada is useless as the n800 is still at $430. Our dollar passed the US dollar weeks ago. This is silly. They're the direct manufacturer, it's not like they paid $370 for the stock and need to maintain their margin. But I digress (as usual).

I think I'm sticking to my guns in that I'll wait for it to drop to $399. The psychological shock of a '4' being in the first digit tells me I should be shopping for laptops and the like, not a tablet. (Again, its' not a UMPC)

Cripes, you had to bring up that Canada-to-US dollar thing, didn't you. Don't you think our pride is wounded enough? It was bad enough when the euro raced by and left us in monetary dust, now we have to suffer the indignity of the CANADIAN dollar looking down at us. O, the humiliation. Liras we would prefer. Pesos even! Anything but Canadian dollars...

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Cripes, you had to bring up that Canada-to-US dollar thing, didn't you. Don't you think our pride is wounded enough? It was bad enough when the euro raced by and left us in monetary dust, now we have to suffer the indignity of the CANADIAN dollar looking down at us. O, the humiliation. Liras we would prefer. Pesos even! Anything but Canadian dollars...
That you can blame greedy subprime mortgage lenders made mess and Ben Bernanke lowering Fed's rate two months ago...

Posts: 564 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fayetteville, GA
Just wait till we get the Amero...
3pm - So good, it's illegal

Originally Posted by Mara View Post
That you can blame greedy subprime mortgage lenders made mess and Ben Bernanke lowering Fed's rate two months ago...
Well, not to delve too deeply off topic () but the US dollar has been eroding for some time.

And... "Amero"... lol DC.

Originally Posted by exon View Post
But the iPhone's screen is capacitive, no? And the Nokia is pressure-sensitive (is that resistive?). So it's more a question of choosing a different technology than just putting a piece of hard glass in front, isn't it? (And I've used neither, so I don't have a good opinion on which is the best choice. )
Yeah, it's not as easy as putting a good piece of glass in front of the existing screen - but there's not a real good reason they couldn't switch touch technologies as well. I do like the pressure sensitivity in maemopad+ for sketching - but I'd rather have a screen I didn't have to worry about.