Originally Posted by vitaly_repin View Post
And does "manual sync" (just normal manual sync, not re-sync) help?
Ok, so this is how it works for me.

I have set Mail for Exchange to *not* sync automatically, but I want to go to the Email application and from there do a "Send & Receive". I assumed this would also update my Calendar as in the settings for Mail for Exchange I have "Synchronise calendar and tasks" enabled. Is my assumption correct?

I can't see a way to manually request a calendar update from the Calendar application.

Also in Mail for Exchange settings I see "Last syncronisation" as "Today, ...". And as I said earlier "Synchronise manually" from Mail for Exchange settings syncs my calendar as well.

So my question would be now that is it required to have automatic sync enabled in order for the calendar to also be synced?

Yes, I am using Exchange Server 2007.

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Saarbrücken - Germany
Active Sync can require a specific device look.

Integration into the enterprise world is more than just syncing mails.

A Exchange Server can refuse syncing if the device does not support certain policies or encryption standards. Ask anyone with a 1st or 2nd gen iPhone (no hardware encryption).

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Indiana
For those who aren't familiar with the security settings configuration pages relating to Badger's original statement, linked below is a screenshot from Exchange 2003. Note- this is how we manage our small number of iPhones (not a single WinMo) with password enforcement where I work. The BES handles the vast majority of our mobiles- Blackberries of all sorts.

HTH

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to daveb70 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 70 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London, UK
When syncing with Exchange, do all email features work? I use Colour Categories a lot (GTD) and appointment Flags. Are they supported in the Maemo email software at all?

Are there any issues with Tasks and Contacts? Are the contact fields in the Maemo contacts software sufficient?

I am planning on getting a personal Exchange server VM sorted out especially for this, so I would appreciate some comments on how I can use the N900 for these things.

Posts: 320 | Thanked: 763 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Espoo, FInland
Originally Posted by Kypeli View Post
Ok, so this is how it works for me.

I have set Mail for Exchange to *not* sync automatically, but I want to go to the Email application and from there do a "Send & Receive". I assumed this would also update my Calendar as in the settings for Mail for Exchange I have "Synchronise calendar and tasks" enabled. Is my assumption correct?
No. It will receive only your mail. You can do manual sync from control panel applet. There is a special big button "Synchronize manually". Could you try with it?

I can't see a way to manually request a calendar update from the Calendar application.
There is no. You need to use control panel applet for manual sync and configuration settings (the same control panel) to configure scheduled sync.

And as I said earlier "Synchronise manually" from Mail for Exchange settings syncs my calendar as well.
OK. I got you differently. I understood that the only way to sync was to open configuration applet, open settings and ress "full re-sync". But as of now it works as expected.

So my question would be now that is it required to have automatic sync enabled in order for the calendar to also be synced?
The ways to sync calendar with MfE:

1) Using scheduled sync
2) Using manual sync (from configuration panel applet)

Yes, I am using Exchange Server 2007.[/QUOTE]

The Following User Says Thank You to vitaly_repin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Columbia, MO
Vitaly,

Thanks for checking this out for us. You are syncing directly over the air to Exchange 2007 right, not using a desktop connection?

Have you seen any support for using Exchange ActiveSync Push protocols to update Mail, Contacts, or Calendar? I was hoping that Nokia would have implemented Push, because then I could recommend an n900 instead of a WinMo device to the big bosses upstairs. Their meetings are handled by secretaries and change too fast for them to be called all the time to be told to resync their calendars, and syncing would have to be scheduled every at least every 15 minutes.

For my own use, as long as I can schedule it to sync the calendar every day that would be fine. Email needs to be nearly instantaneous, though.

Cayle

Originally Posted by cayle View Post
Vitaly,

Thanks for checking this out for us. You are syncing directly over the air to Exchange 2007 right, not using a desktop connection?
Sure.

We have test server in our organization. I am going to ask to configure it in the way shown in the post #33 and check how N900 client will behave.

Have you seen any support for using Exchange ActiveSync Push protocols to update Mail, Contacts, or Calendar? I was hoping that Nokia would have implemented Push, because then I could recommend an n900 instead of a WinMo device to the big bosses upstairs.
Push (is is called "Always On" in the settings) is implemented for Mail, Contacts and Calendar.

Is there support for Outlook's Colour Categories in the mail program and MfE?

Originally Posted by Jason404 View Post
Is there support for Outlook's Colour Categories in the mail program and MfE?
No. There is no support for this feature.

The Following User Says Thank You to vitaly_repin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vitaly_repin View Post
No. There is no support for this feature.
Oh no. That's bad news for me.

I hope MS Office Mobile arrives on Maemo soon, and supports this.

Tags
activesync, alphanumeric, exchange, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, non-provisionable, non-provisioning, passcode, password, provisionable, provisioning, security