Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Given what is said in the thread (ovi QA results and other), and the apparent issues with the code, I would at least remove the download link from the competition website, so as not to endorse the use of the application. But not necessarily remove the entry alltogether.

Then it's up to the jury to judge the program, and what has been admittedly improved by the submitter during the competition time.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Just have seen, that he first released this "app" on 12-31-10, 01:49 PM (date of thread).
I fail to see any improvements since then, as there is only a link to the sourceforge page which is dated 30.12.2010.

So I'd say it disqualifies just because it wasn't developed within the Coding Competition timeframe stated in the rules. What do you think?

If anyone does have a little bit spare time, it would be nice to check the other submissions regarding this criteria as well (and report them here if there are any) to stay fair.

Thanks!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
Just have seen, that he first released this "app" on 12-31-10, 01:49 PM (date of thread).
I fail to see any improvements since then, as there is only a link to the sourceforge page which is dated 30.12.2010.

So I'd say it disqualifies just because it wasn't developed within the Coding Competition timeframe stated in the rules. What do you think?
Good point. Looks like we've got him on a technicality.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Just noticed that the list of rules for this year's competition is tiny compared to the iron fist authoritarian list of rules I brought in on last year's entry. I always fancied being a dictator Makes me think, though, that we should incorporate some of these extra old rules into this year's comp (for example the no mutiple account voting or the change freeze during the voting stage) along with any new ones we'd feel is appropriate. It's a lot easier to get them sorted out now, the earlier the better.

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
this years voting will be based on the "ecosystem" () used for the maemo community council voting.
so I think it's pretty safe against cheating, but of course I'll take a look at the old rules.
Thanks!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Just submitted my entry, Ghosts Overboard, a collect items game controlled by tilting the device.

I didn't come up with a good new idea, so I recycled the idea and graphics from a never-released desktop game I made two years ago. Because of the chain of changes resulting from a move from keyboard to tilt control and the horrible design choises of the original version (it was slow even on the desktop I had back then), I decided to rewrite the new code from scratch.

Since the original game was never released, I assumed this one would not be considered a "port" and wrote nothing on the existence of the old one in the competition entry. I'll be happy to change that, though, if required.

Everything fine!
Thanks a lot!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
donation update:
10 € by (no nickname specified, please send me a PM if you want to be listed with your nickname)

Thanks!
see all donations made so far at http://wiki.maemo.org/MeeGo_Coding_C...ity_Prize_Fund

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2011-06-20 at 14:23.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
we won't get any Nokia "N950" for the MeeGo Coding Competition but all participants are encouraged to apply for such a device with their project.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Ive just updated my space invaders submission and changed the platform to 'Both' as i now have a Meego OBS account. The i586 package is completely untested as i dont have a device, so if anyone wants to try it out, let me know how it goes.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to piggz For This Useful Post:

Tags
coding, community, competition, contest, development, intel, meego, meetmeego, nokia