Active Topics

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 456 times | Joined on Jan 2017 @ Portugal
Originally Posted by eson View Post
I've known the answer for years
So do I, remember I have God on my name , but I cannot tell you guys, you have to figure out for yourselfs
Anyway the system didnt like my answer, so it ask me other question, to spell backwords SFOS, easy enought for me to start posting

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to john_god For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
I guess that he wants to make lauta-like designed device with probably on board.
Android, then its more like milestone. Sailfish on a landscape slider lol. Sailfish cant even handle it properly. Android is porbobly a better choice.

I think someone meet the Lauta designer by coincidence, and designer called elop that stole meego source. Now they are target release n1000 with meego 2.0.

Now, before anyone take this post as the truth and what transpired I just want to to throw in this disclaimer. It's not! Its is just as good as any speculation until Chen choose to replay.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-05-23 at 10:37.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
I am assuming he means the Lauta industrial design but with an Androidy device inside such that SFOS can be easily ported to it? What that device is (J1 / JC / Jtab clone?) is another question.
Fingers crossed.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by vitaminj View Post
I am assuming he means the Lauta industrial design but with an Androidy device inside such that SFOS can be easily ported to it? What that device is (J1 / JC / Jtab clone?) is another question.
Fingers crossed.
Like cover? And move around the parts? Inside the cover? Or the whole phone inside

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
My idea is: Jolla has spent a lot of effort making SFOS to work on i486, and so does the hardware designer on designing ID and structure. It's a waste for just shipping such a small amount (and majority being Aigo actually...). So with some minimal effort we can bring this product back again.
Hello, coming back to ask a little bit news.
Any signs of progress ?
or stagnation ?
new problems arising ?
nice solution you'd be proud to tell us about ?
small victories already achieved ?

other anecdotes you would like to share ?

Please drop some status update.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Ahaha, this old thread again

There always a problem around the corner and to undertake such a huge task as set up some kind of product will undoubtedly face some difficulties, Challenges. I don't really understand how one man can manage that. We just have to wait and see if this will be a project or not. Hope for the best...and eat the rest.

He is probobly working with his keyboard project which is a real project and much closer to a real product.

Meanwhile I think this Lauta future thing is more unicornish to speculate about. Would it be possible or even legal to reverse engineer the nokia slider with some new components inside?

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-05-30 at 20:47.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
First I apologise for being quiet. Believe it or not I have done my best chasing for any progress. But as I mentioned this project is not entirely controlled on my side as the keyboard, it is still moving slowly.

Keyboard cover is still under development. Resources will resume in the next few days and I will keep pushing.

As Dave mentioned I'm also busy with the keyboard project, we have started moulding and pushing for the July delivery.

Lauta doesn't mean it has to look like a Lauta. It's a form factor with the modern guts, and hopefully with experience with this tablet I can put SFOS as an option. Doing a all-in-one device will have a massive upfront cost, and hence I need to deliver the keyboard project first.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
First I apologise for being quiet. Believe it or not I have done my best chasing for any progress. But as I mentioned this project is not entirely controlled on my side as the keyboard, it is still moving slowly.

Keyboard cover is still under development. Resources will resume in the next few days and I will keep pushing.

As Dave mentioned I'm also busy with the keyboard project, we have started moulding and pushing for the July delivery.

Lauta doesn't mean it has to look like a Lauta. It's a form factor with the modern guts, and hopefully with experience with this tablet I can put SFOS as an option. Doing a all-in-one device will have a massive upfront cost, and hence I need to deliver the keyboard project first.
how massive? Would be fun to see some estimated numbers required in the future. £1000000?

But instead of sliding out a qwerty you sliding out a second display cointaning the qwerty. Why no one designed that yet?

Chen good luck with that keyboard delivery, no need to hurry this tablet planning. We are used to very long-jolla waits

And Chen, wake me up when it's time for one piece Lauta time, I'm out of this thread for now.

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-05-31 at 22:15.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
But instead of sliding out a qwerty you sliding out a second display cointaning the qwerty. Why no one designed that yet?
I have been wondering that too. The only really acceptable excuse for doing away with the keyboard is that it is too expensive to produce them in all the language varieties. An auto-reconfigurable keyboard á la a second display with transparent key pads on top would solve that problem.

The pads are absolutely essential though. The whole point of a physical keyboard is that you can feel the button before you press it.

I'm out of this thread for now.
Finally!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I have been wondering that too.
The answer is unpleasent.
Someone (with massive resources) already tried it in 2011 and was burned by the market. Kyocera hit the wall with Echo concept because android was not easy to adapt to second screen and it brought near zero advantage because few software ever supported it...
Only the homescreen and video playback was merged to one picture and you could place apps on either screen but not overlap afair from seeing the device around 2012.

The few apps they made working on both screens only made it obvious that the spacing between the screens was the main showstopper back then.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os