Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 527 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Feb 2010
#231
So know you say flash eMMC first and then the firmware?!

That's why it is conflicting to me...
 
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,410 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
#232
Originally Posted by rolan900d View Post
So know you say flash eMMC first and then the firmware?!

That's why it is conflicting to me...
No, I said that was what I did last time I flashed. At that time there was absolutely no information on either the Nokia Firmware or wiki sites to suggest which order to do it in. As there is very clear information now, you should do it in the order they indicate - firmware then eMMC.
 
Posts: 527 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Feb 2010
#233
Thanks mate!
 
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Bristol, UK
#234
Originally Posted by torres76 View Post
what update are you waiting for ? i am on vodafone and have had the latest one for about 3 months now/
It is possible to have a vodafone contract but a generic firmware eg if you did not buy your handset direct from Vodafone
 
shiny's Avatar
Posts: 147 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West London, UK
#235
Originally Posted by Prospector View Post
It is possible to have a vodafone contract but a generic firmware eg if you did not buy your handset direct from Vodafone
Yes, indeed - that's the case with mine from the Nokia Store. The operator is Vodafone but I assume that the Vodafone-specific firmware didn't yet exist when I got mine.
 
nathaneous's Avatar
Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
#236
Does anyone know whether the Vodafone-specific firmware has been released yet?
 
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,410 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
#237
Originally Posted by nathaneous View Post
Does anyone know whether the Vodafone-specific firmware has been released yet?
Judging by the lack of excited messages from Vodafone users, I'd guess not.
 
nathaneous's Avatar
Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
#238
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Judging by the lack of excited messages from Vodafone users, I'd guess not.
I'm wondering whether this will actually be sorted before the next firmware update? Or whether that will be delayed aswell for vodafone users
 
bockersjv's Avatar
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,205 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
#239
Originally Posted by nathaneous View Post
I'm wondering whether this will actually be sorted before the next firmware update? Or whether that will be delayed aswell for vodafone users

I would say, given my experience with Vodafones firmware versions in the past, that it will be late, and as more firmwares come online it will get later and later. It is the single reason why I bought my N900 direct from Nokia (on a VF contract) rather than ever going to a Vodafone store again.

Flashing my old N95 with the generic firware revealed a load of applications and features previously hidden by VF, and for no apparent reason.


if you want your N900 up to date then flash with 203. Simples
__________________
Proud owner of Jolla phone, number 274.
 
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 18:59.