Active Topics

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
If you - like me - are one of the Maemo/MeeGo user who are primarily interested in the idea of a mobile device based upon free software, you might find this interesting:

The Free Software Foundation Europe has this "I Love Free Software Campaign" on Feb 14th. What they say is:
Valentine's Day traditionally is a day to show and celebrate love. So why do not take this as a chance to show your love for Free Software this year?
They encourage you to show your love by means like blogging, microblogging (hashtag #ilovefs), using their ilovefs-banners,.... or by hugging a developer (obviously better to ask permission first), buying your favourite developer a drink, etc, etc.

It's fun to join in. I blogged, microblogged, I tortured the people at the office with everything about free software they never wanted to learn, I used a mysterious QR-Code at the coffee machine (see photo... wicked!) to make people curious, I bought someone a pint of beer (or two, depending on how many other people he invited ...)...

There's a lot you can do. Be part of it.

Oh: I still haven't found a developer to hug. Shy they are.
Attached Images

Last edited by benny1967; 2013-02-14 at 11:28.

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
I used a mysterious QR-Code at the coffee machine (see photo... wicked!) to make people curious...
Quick reply...
It works. Amusingly, the QR code is still readable, despite the sticker added to it.
Best wishes.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I love Maemo! Free software is great!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
AMD: Do you have a date for Valentines Day?

Dave: Yes, Feb 14th

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Quick reply...
It works. Amusingly, the QR code is still readable, despite the sticker added to it.
Well, it's designed to work that way. That's no sticker in the middle, it's part of the image I created at qrcode-monkey. QR codes are more robust and flexible than people think.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by ranbaxy View Post
AMD: Do you have a date for Valentines Day?

Dave: Yes, Feb 14th
Lol, how do you predict my questions? That was cool However, I got a gift for my date.. It was AC3 for my 360, but in a red bag

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!