Active Topics

Notices

Hi, I have started to use GPE-Calendar.

I found something which is a major deal killer for me.

You can do recurring appointments, but they can only be a certain numerical date of the month.

You can't set a pattern which is "1st Monday of every month."

Gosh, 75% of my appointments are some variation of this pattern. Without this function, GPE-calendar does me little good.

Am I missing something here? this seems like essential functionality.

Has this feature not been ported yet or is it simply the way GPE does this on all platforms?

Are there other calendar programs that let you do this?

Robert Nagle

Jpilot offers this. I like the fact that is has calendar/todo/address/memo all from one application. Plus I was able to import from my Palm.

http://maemo.org/maemowiki/Applicati...d4f7b11f240aba

jpilot for me does not show the correct time...shows GMT only. I'm GMT - 5h but it reports GMT. been thru all the pref pages and did not see anything that addressed this. ideas?

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by gtsmith
jpilot for me does not show the correct time...shows GMT only. I'm GMT - 5h but it reports GMT. been thru all the pref pages and did not see anything that addressed this. ideas?
You need to modify (as root) /var/lib/install/usr/lib/jpilot/jpilot.sh to set TZ to the correct timezone.

You need to modify the jpilot.sh script. It is located in /var/lib/install/usr/lib/jpilot/

It is a short script.

I added the following line:

export TZ=EST (I am in New York (Eastern Standard)) change this to your Time Zone

I added this line right before the line that calls jpilot, it is the next to last line.

Hope this helps.

Bob

ahhh...thank you.

Originally Posted by troubleshootr
Jpilot offers this. I like the fact that is has calendar/todo/address/memo all from one application. Plus I was able to import from my Palm.

http://maemo.org/maemowiki/Applicati...d4f7b11f240aba
I tried to copy all my files from my linux desktop at ~/.jpilot to /home/user/.jpilot on the 770 but nothing shows up in Jpilot. Any ideas why?

Originally Posted by beow
I tried to copy all my files from my linux desktop at ~/.jpilot to /home/user/.jpilot on the 770 but nothing shows up in Jpilot. Any ideas why?

check the owner of the files, make sure they are not owned by Root. I had trouble with the calendar data, but address' transfered flawlessly.

Owner is user/users as seen below

-rw-rw-rw- 1 user users 0 Apr 15 10:55 DatebookDB.pc3
-rw-rw-rw- 1 user users 54155 Apr 9 13:18 DatebookDB.pdb

When i add a new entry it goes to DatebookDB.pc3 and shows up as usual. But none of the entries from DatebookDB.pdb shows up. I tried to

mv AddressbookDB.pc3 AddressbookDB.pdb

but then jpilot chrashed when switching to the Addressbook application.

Any other ideas?

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by beow
Owner is user/users as seen below

-rw-rw-rw- 1 user users 0 Apr 15 10:55 DatebookDB.pc3
-rw-rw-rw- 1 user users 54155 Apr 9 13:18 DatebookDB.pdb

When i add a new entry it goes to DatebookDB.pc3 and shows up as usual. But none of the entries from DatebookDB.pdb shows up. I tried to

mv AddressbookDB.pc3 AddressbookDB.pdb

but then jpilot chrashed when switching to the Addressbook application.

Any other ideas?
Yes: get a Symbian smartphone. Psion were the first to correctly get the recurring appointment by day of the week/month/year implemented in their organiers, and Symbian is still the best.