Active Topics

Notices

Hi I would just like to share a little tip with you guys - if you want to download some videos from youtube, use JDownloader.

Run it, hide to tray, and when watching any video you want on your N900, just select the address of the video and copy it to the clipboard. JDownloader will automatically capture the link and ask you what format you want to download it in. If you want to watch it on your N900 just select MP4 and thats it, no further conversion required. Just make sure to select the smallest size of download, as some videos have like 720p version of them, but unfortunately our N900 doesnt support it out of the box.

Regards, Lukasz.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djjaku For This Useful Post:
or you could just use zoutube on the n900 without using the PC..just saying

mytube has the option to download a video or save it when it's done playing

yes guys of course i know, but its just an idea, like u are on your pc and your friend gives you a yt link. you watch it and think oh lol thats nice i want it on my mobile to show to others. then my ide comes handy, for quick download I use that and just wanted to share that, isnt the board about this?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to djjaku For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Originally Posted by djjaku View Post
yes guys of course i know, but its just an idea, like u are on your pc and your friend gives you a yt link. you watch it and think oh lol thats nice i want it on my mobile to show to others. then my ide comes handy, for quick download I use that and just wanted to share that, isnt the board about this?
Absolutely...I download tons of chess videos (yeah, i know ) off youtube to study on flights, much easier/quicker on PC...so, Thanks

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
If you're using firefox on your desktop computer, the downloadhelper add-on for Firefox is very good, too. It does support a lot of sites and can find videos also on some unsupported sites.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by djjaku View Post
Hi I would just like to share a little tip with you guys - if you want to download some videos from youtube, use JDownloader.

Run it, hide to tray, and when watching any video you want on your N900, just select the address of the video and copy it to the clipboard. JDownloader will automatically capture the link and ask you what format you want to download it in. If you want to watch it on your N900 just select MP4 and thats it, no further conversion required. Just make sure to select the smallest size of download, as some videos have like 720p version of them, but unfortunately our N900 doesnt support it out of the box.

Regards, Lukasz.
Good, I've used some Greasemonkey script to do it. It just adds a d/load link under the video.. But I might try this one also. And a small tip to you: use adblock, those ads are annoying

Last edited by mottis; 2010-02-25 at 14:06. Reason: add picture

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
I just use clipnabber.com to rip videos and tunenabber.com to extract the sound from a youtube video. it works on vimeo too.

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Or just copy the flash file from your /tmp folder. easy-peasy. Also works on pr0n-sites. Not that I would know about such un-applish things.

BTW: Where is the flash temp-file in the n900? I've searched /tmp and opt/tmp but no luck. Any clues?

Thanks for your small tips, I just wanna make it clear that you download youtube videos on your phone directly, this downloader surely works that way. Will you just intall this addons on your phone? Perhaps my method will be a bit troublesome because I just download online videos first and then transfer to the phone.

Last edited by scottkt602; 2011-11-23 at 00:52.