Hi,

I was playing with my N9 yesterday trying to get it to boot SailfishOS. I had the partition for it created before (decreased the size of p1 MyDocs to 5.5GB on a 16GB N9), but somehow it got stuck in mass storage mode and I was not able to manipulate with the new p4 partition in any way.

So I thought I could zero the size of the p4 partition (basically deleting it) with sfdisk and create a new one. Somehow during the process it seems I also deleted all other partitions including the system ones. After restarting the phone gives the green text error message and when I connect it to a Windows computer it shows the whole 15.5GB as unformatted space.

Now of course I'm not going to format it on Win, but I expect I should be able to recreate the partitions on a Linux machine relatively easily and then flash a fresh system.
Are there any specific setting for the partitions I should replicate in order to make it work? Or is it more complicated than that? Or alternatively is it possible to repartition automatically by flashing a specific kernel?

Thank you for your tips and I'm sorry if this was asked before.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Just add
--no-preserve
to the flasher command. This will recreate default partition table.
Can be found somewhere in here.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Thank you, I'm sure that would work.

Unfortunately it seems my situation is worse now - in the morning before I left home I attempted flashing just a kernel (replacing the ubiboot, that I had there before). Of course it didn't work, but what's worse is when I came to work and connected the phone to a computer to try flashing according to your advice I'm unable to get it to connect in flashing mode - it shows the usb icon (phone display) for a moment and then Nokia logo and they keep swapping indefinitely. Also computer detects it at the moments when the usb icon appears, but then it disappears before it properly registers (flasher is not detecting it).
It maybe because I don;t have the drivers installed on my work computer. I will try it at home in the evening.

Any ideas?

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by koshman View Post
It maybe because I do not have the drivers installed on my work computer. I will try it at home in the evening.

Any ideas?
You answered yourself already.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
I was able to flash the phone from my home computer. It works fine now again.
I think I'll stick with Meego for now. I've only had the phone for 2 weeks. I had N800 and 810, but skipped N900.

Thank you very much!

The Following User Says Thank You to koshman For This Useful Post: