Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
I am sure many still do. There just isn't anything that can do everything the N900 can.

I certainly do.
Great! I salut you! Using mine about 1,2 days of the month.

But its simply not enough for me. I need plenty of devices. And now I'm looking for fullHD device with Keyboard,

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I remember how I found out about this amazing device. One of my other techy friends linked me to it's official site some time before its release. I remember waiting for it to come out just to leave sprint and did so in November of 2009. After that was the greatest phone experience I've ever had. Towards the last 6 months two things started happening though. One was the slider switch was abused so much that it was getting harder and harder to get a good grip on it. The other was the headphone jack was breaking. Personally as much as I used it, I think over two years of use is a good amount of time, especially in our day.

About android: my S3 is fast, and after rooting it I have more control over it. There is one application which I never installed is called pDroid. You can control what every application has access to. The fact that this application even exists shows you the extent of the privacy concerns with owning a phone now. I did use Droidwall, on my rooted S3, which is a firewall to prevent applications from contacting whoever the hell they are programmed to contact.

There is a huge problem with technology and openness in our society right now, but very few people see it. My friend gifted me a Raspberry Pi (in love with this thing) and only yesterday did I watch a video about raspberry pi and how it was created in part due to the lack of other open technologies existent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=6xFzVuxldqs

If there aren't enough people like us to fight back the current direction of technological "control" there will only be more Big Brother in the future.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
So there are still people using the N900 as their main device. That is great, keep it up. Still, I can't handle the resolution and screen size... I wish we could increase the size of this nice device.
Count me in ! i still use it as the main one. ( i dont even have another )
Attached Images

https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

Last edited by sifo; 2012-12-18 at 16:39.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sifo For This Useful Post:
i use my n900 as 2nd device i someone give me galaxy note2 with keyboard,free

Last edited by sunyakram; 2012-12-18 at 19:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to sunyakram For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sifo View Post
Count me in ! i still use it as the main one. ( i dont even have another )
me too! sometimes I use it as main tablet/laptop, too

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enne30 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
...despite having the device for 2 years now, i even finally invested only recently in an (active, and expensive) Brodit car holder, because for an undefined amount of time there will be no follow-up product on the market....

EDIT: It's quite a... task to actually find a good position for a landscape-oriented device (the good thing is the holder, while covering power & camera button, allows the keyboard to be opened.).

The usual clip@air outlet position doesn't work, because then it covers the whole outlet. Down right, near the passenger's lower legs, it's covering a part of the AC control panel. So only good place for me was right next to the 2x1Din openings. Luckily the previous already switched positions of stowage compartment & car stereo, so nothings really in the way now...
Attached Images

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-12-20 at 22:01.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
...despite having the device for 2 years now, i even finally invested only recently in an (active, and expensive) Brodit car holder, because for an undefined amount of time there will be no follow-up product on the market....
Brodit is great, I have used two of them. But they are weak. the holding can't handle the weight after a while. So be careful and move the position of the device as little as possible to make it last longer.

Edit: with that I mean it can still hold the devices, you simply cant decide the position anymore.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-12-19 at 09:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 91 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Im in a similar situation. My N900 didnt break, its just old.
The reason im using a Galaxy S3 LTE is: Its freakin' fast. My N900 is overclocked to 1 Ghz, but its still damn slow on the Internet - especially compared to the S3.
BUT: N900 has Stylus and HW-Keyboard, so the smaller Screen is actually more useful than the big Screen of the S3. Soft-Keyboard is a PAIN. Fast Typing with two thumbs and never make a mistake? After one month, im far FAR away from doing that on the S3.
Hitting the right buttons on the Web without zooming? No problem with Stylus on the N900. Almost impossible to do on the S3.

Since i have good eyes, the Screensize and Resolution of the N900 was (and is) ok for me - interacting is easy with the Stylus.

Doing the "Linux stuff" like administrating your little homeserver via ssh? Easiest thing in the World with the N900, but very painfull on the S3. The whole messaging-stuff? One thing on the N900. Dozens of different, none-interacting softwares on the S3.

So was the S3 worth its money? No. But now i have it, and since the N900 just IS slow, ill stick with it. More or less. My secondary-communication-device at home (running around, whenever im not on the PC) will be the N900. If Maego/Maemo/Tizen/whatever would (maybe it will soon) run on the S3, go to HELL android. Android is ok, but i really miss some important things.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChoMar For This Useful Post:
got it in my hands a few hours ago. Repartitioned, Getting all the applications I had before back. Noticing obvious speed differences, but I think I'll be ok. Typing on a keyboard again is....interesting . T-Mobile closed today, so will be waiting until tomorrow morning to get another SIM card working on this.

On another note, the box I got it in is not of the same quality as my previous N900. It also did not include the video cable. The IMEI sticker says made in Finland, but .....

Last edited by bsd1101; 2012-12-25 at 22:58.

Going back to N900 is like going to your ex-wife: filled with excitement and danger at the same time. At the end you realize that going back was irrational nostalgia for times that are gone by. Hope your experience is better.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: