Active Topics

Poll: Do you like EasyList?
Poll Options
Do you like EasyList?

Posts: 239 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Amsterdam
As I'm currently watching football I can't help you right now.

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brussels
Originally Posted by Willem Liu View Post
As I'm currently watching football I can't help you right now.
better luck next time (football)

Originally Posted by judhaz View Post
Thanks for updating the zip file!

I see that the web interface has changed, and it seems it supports a dropdown list of available lists. However, the dropdown is always empty for me, even though I seemingly manage to create a new list in the web interface, as I get "List test4 saved." when I press the Save button.

However, when I check the mysql database, the list is not saved.

I have updated dbconnection.php with the mysql username and password and database name.

I use lighttpd, and have noticed the following errors/warnings after updating the .php files:
Code:
2012-06-09 18:28:03: (mod_fastcgi.c.2701) FastCGI-stderr: PHP Notice:  Undefined index: username in /var/www/easylist/loginFunctions.php
 on line 19
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: password in /var/www/easylist/loginFunctions.php on line 20
and

Code:
2012-06-09 18:24:17: (mod_fastcgi.c.2701) FastCGI-stderr: PHP Warning:  mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/easylist/listFunctions.php on line 40
PHP Warning:  mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/easylist/index.php on line 88
which is a bit strange, 'cause the syntax seems correct.

Any suggestions on how to proceed on this highly appreciated!
You could ignore the NOTICES, but they may cause problems if it's indeed not possible to set the session variables.
I suggest you test if the session variables are being set, properly by logging the values.

I've looked at the SQL file in the zip file in the first post and noticed there was a column missing when compared to my active database. I've now updated that file as well. I hope that fixes the errors. And if it does I apologize for the inconvenience I've caused.

could you add the option to sync with google tasks?

Originally Posted by skyleth View Post
could you add the option to sync with google tasks?
I'm sorry but that's not within the scope of this app.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Hi I translated your app to hebrew...
Please, can you create for me the tested version with my files, I want to check if this work correctly (it should be viewable from right to left).
Thanks

P.S. remove ".txt" extension...
Attached Files
File Type: txt qml-translations.he.qm.txt (5.8 KB, 60 views)
File Type: txt qml-translations.he.ts.txt (8.8 KB, 77 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Hi, thanks for this great app. I just wanted to feed back a couple of things.

When I create a new list and am prompted to input the list name, the text field contains (I think) the last active list name. This is highlighted, but the keyboard doesn't appear, meaning that you need to tap the input field to focus it, then highlight the name, then add the new list name. It would be better if we could just start typing the new list name.

Also, this might just be my use case, usually when I create a new list, the first thing I want to do is put things in it, so it would be useful if we were taken to the view where we input items, rather than back to the 'all lists' when we create a new list. At the moment, after adding a new list, we have to select it, and then click the input button before we can start typing.

Also, it would be nice to be able to have the option of being taken to the 'lists' view (rather than a particular list) when you open the app. Or to be able to choose a list to be the default one that opens. I have a 'current tasks' list which I would always prefer to see first, rather than the most recent list.

The Following User Says Thank You to scoobertron For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by scoobertron View Post
Hi, thanks for this great app. I just wanted to feed back a couple of things.

When I create a new list and am prompted to input the list name, the text field contains (I think) the last active list name. This is highlighted, but the keyboard doesn't appear, meaning that you need to tap the input field to focus it, then highlight the name, then add the new list name. It would be better if we could just start typing the new list name.
This has always been my intention, but back then I was unable to realise this. I've forcefully set the keyboard focus in the textfield, but still the keyboard will not open. I'll look into this again when I have the time. Maybe I can find a solution.

Also, this might just be my use case, usually when I create a new list, the first thing I want to do is put things in it, so it would be useful if we were taken to the view where we input items, rather than back to the 'all lists' when we create a new list. At the moment, after adding a new list, we have to select it, and then click the input button before we can start typing.
Although it sounds very nice to have the app do all that for you. It would make the interaction quite a bit hard to follow. If after creating a new list you'd be presented with the edit list screen then after a minute of editing and you save the list you'd pop back to the Lists view which wasn't the last view you've visited, because that would be the create new list view. But returning the user back to the create new list view would also be weird.
Returning the user to the list items view might work, but then the user would be going from Lists->new list->edit list->list items view.
Which to me is a bit confusing.
Maybe in the end it would prove a better user experience, but for me personally I'd rather think for myself and decide for myself where I'm in the app rather than having the app decide all that for me. And as the most important end-user, which I consider myself , I'd rather stick to the current app flow.

Also, it would be nice to be able to have the option of being taken to the 'lists' view (rather than a particular list) when you open the app. Or to be able to choose a list to be the default one that opens. I have a 'current tasks' list which I would always prefer to see first, rather than the most recent list.
Setting a default list is indeed a nice feature to have and I'll consider adding this functionality.
However I'm not a fan of the open default view function. For instance: lets say you've selected the Lists view then what should the Back button do?

@Schturman

Here is the EasyList app with Hebrew translation added. Can you test if it works correctly?

Let me know.

@everyone else. Don't install this version as it only has the Hebrew language added and nothing else.
When I've added the features I want I'll release the proper 0.0.29 version.
Attached Files
File Type: zip easylist_0.0.29_armel.zip (93.1 KB, 76 views)

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Willem Liu View Post
@Schturman

Here is the EasyList app with Hebrew translation added. Can you test if it works correctly?

Let me know.

@everyone else. Don't install this version as it only has the Hebrew language added and nothing else.
When I've added the features I want I'll release the proper 0.0.29 version.
Thank you..
I checked, the translation is ok, but have some problems:
1. See this pics, some stuff should be on the right side (maybe I need to adding something in this .ts file ? something like "right to left", but where and how I don't know) ?
2. When I installed new version the synchronization is stopped to work. I tried to reinstall back to 0.0.28, but synchronization is still not working...
3. when I reinsalled all my settings is here, also when I uninstalled and reinstalled again. Where this files saved in the phone ?
4. Also, maybe you now a trick, that I can stay on english system UI, but using hebrew EasyList UI ? I tried rename the qml-translations.he.qm and qml-translations.he.ts to qml-translations.en.qm and qml-translations.en.ts , but it's not change anything...

Thanks for help and your useful app.
Attached Images