Posts: 53 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Helsinki, Finland
I wrote a home applet for Nokia N800 that allows you to run your favourite applications with just one click

You can download it from 'Files' section at garage project page: https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=131

After you installed the applet, you need to open home application menu, click on 'Select applets...', click on checkbox next to 'Simple Launcher', and press 'OK'. You will be put into 'Edit Layout' mode where you can select the location and the size of the applet. After you are happy with with the settings, click on green checkbox button at the top right corner. Now you can configure the applet: open the menu, select 'Applet settings', and choose 'Launcher settings...'. In the dialog you should now see, you can select the applications you want to use as well as order them according to your preferences. When you are done, press 'OK'.

Known limitations:
  • there's no infobanner when the application is started
  • the application is not brought up in front, if it's already started
  • if the application does not support d-bus activation, you cannot select it (this will be fixed soon)

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to MishaS For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by MishaS View Post
I wrote a home applet for Nokia N800 that allows you to run your favourite applications with just one click

You can download it from 'Files' section at garage project page: https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=131

After you installed the applet, you need to open home application menu, click on 'Select applets...', click on checkbox next to 'Simple Launcher', and press 'OK'. You will be put into 'Edit Layout' mode where you can select the location and the size of the applet. After you are happy with with the settings, click on green checkbox button at the top right corner. Now you can configure the applet: open the menu, select 'Applet settings', and choose 'Launcher settings...'. In the dialog you should now see, you can select the applications you want to use as well as order them according to your preferences. When you are done, press 'OK'.

Known limitations:
  • there's no infobanner when the application is started
  • the application is not brought up in front, if it's already started
  • if the application does not support d-bus activation, you cannot select it (this will be fixed soon)

Thanks
Oh, I'm so diggin' this. Good work Misha!

Now if I can only open multiple, editable instances of the web launcher we could have a home screen with one tap, simple access to everything...

Thanks again MishaS

Edit = Added screenshot and corrected speeeling.

Last edited by YoDude; 2007-03-24 at 13:21.

very nice app, to be perfect only needs to have a transparent background

Posts: 316 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Maryland, US
It is working very well for me too. thx for making this.

I would also suggest improvements to the GUI. Transparent / semi-transparent / choice of colour / rounded corners. just things to make it look better.

This is a must-have IMHO. Veeeeeery useful. Thank you MishaS!

I think this is the best thing that's happened in desktop development, this is really useful! Thank you!

Posts: 316 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Maryland, US
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
...Edit = Added screenshot and corrected speeeling.
OT: how did you get the StatusBarClock to have white text?

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Edit = Added screenshot and corrected speeeling.
Can I use your screenshot on my very basic web site?

Very nice!

I'll echo Tabster's thoughts on changing color/transparency, etc.

R.
==

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Making it transparent vis a vie the weather app in my above screen shot. would require a bunch more duplicate code I would think. Perhaps it should (and eventually will)be an option across the whole enviroment via display settings or some such.