Active Topics

Originally Posted by gaelic View Post
You can download the apk from the whatsapp Homepage and install through going to system-settings -> transfers;
Still: the app can't get hold of the numbers in the addressbook and you will be able only to answer people which send you a message first.
And as others already said: the app is ugly, looking forward to a native one (this for example is not a crucial feature I need, just a nice to have)
address book working fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to andreas1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by andreas1 View Post
I go to contacts in the app -> 'Unsupported action'

Do you have any android address book installed?

Push too? Anything not working in whatsapp for you?

I go to contacts in the app -> 'Unsupported action'

Do you have any android address book installed?
Nope, but this is also covered in some other topic. I did nothing special, nevertheless they appeared, sorry no memory.

Originally Posted by latency View Post
Push too? Anything not working in whatsapp for you?
Videos are not working for example. If you keep the android window open, you get notifications, not integrated to led-functionality though.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
I still don't get it why features that already are supported by underlying libraries and programs are not supported. Sorry, but there is no excuse for that.
I don't wan't to close my eyes to these obvious problems despite the enthusiasm I have for Jolla.
It is because UI isn't ready for all the features. UI is one of the thoughest areas in software. And it is about quality. You need to prioritize and concentrate on doing things well to keep up quality. You only have limited resources. It all comes back to the basics of software engineering.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by parasemic View Post
Jolla employee confirmed on finnish it forums 100% of staff is sending phones. They have below 100 employees for ****s sake.. Thats why its also ridiculous to cry about missing features etc as even in current state Sailfish is a remarkable achievement.
That's just stupid if true. It's ok for a day or two, as a team-building exercise maybe... to celebrate a bit. But a serious company (and Jolla in my book have proven they're a serious company) should be able to do handling and packing using mostly outside temp work. Otherwise it's a waste of resources.

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatokosi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by att View Post
Yes, I know very well. I have used eduroam and I have been a very little piece of building it.

I still consider WPA-PEAP an edge case for "normal" people.
However, Jolla's are bought by edge-case people. I too find many features lacking. Fortunately, some of them are fixable from the terminal. Perhaps that's why I'm an edge-case. However I'd still prefer a GUI for those.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Time for CEO version 4.0, if the current one puts the guys responsible for the OS and software platform toiling as postal workers.

Unless they are so short in cash that even few temps taking care of it would have been too high cost. Then they wo'nt need CEO anymore, just bankruptcy lawyer

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Time for CEO version 4.0, if the current one puts the guys responsible for the OS and software platform toiling as postal workers.

Unless they are so short in cash that even few temps taking care of it would have been too high cost. Then they wo'nt need CEO anymore, just bankruptcy lawyer
I think some people are reading it too literally. The actual packing and shipping process is done by DHL Supply Chain (I think it can be considered confirmed). There is still plenty of things that need attention from Jolla to keep everything working in the process. And I'm reading this that in those functions Jolla's people are stretching their working times and doing work that they don't normally do.

Edit: And it might be also that DHL Supply Chain is also doing extra stretching to try to get the deliveries done before Christmas (for Finnish orderers) or before the end of the year (for the rest).

Last edited by att; 2013-12-18 at 20:12.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Nope, but this is also covered in some other topic. I did nothing special, nevertheless they appeared, sorry no memory.

Videos are not working for example. If you keep the android window open, you get notifications, not integrated to led-functionality though.
Do I have to keep it open and active in "full screen" or can I have it running and open other apps and still get notifications?

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience