Posts: 11 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Dec 2015 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Thanks for the support. Dave is probably joking and won't affect the project anyway...

It's slightly delayed due to various reasons. It will be solved hopefully not too long. Apologise... I'm getting back to China to fix it... Will keep update here.
Hi there,

Do you have any update in this topic?
Unfortunately I have not seen any Youyota mentioning in the Jolla's CCW blogpost

I hope everything goes well.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to martonmiklos For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
What? That guy goes totally bananas.

I didn't go after someone except jolla possibly for ending the tablet project 2023. But if I did I'm truly sorry.
It is too late to simply state you are sorry in 7 words.
You where asking sarkastic, overbearing and insinuating questions or making jokes on no real basis.
If you do not see that someone new who pulls the tl;dr card and skips through this thread can get a false impression, at least believe someone who explicitly elaborates on you why this could influence this project. Thanks TA over at TJC.
Not to mention cultural differences.
Some people might actually interpret every critic as face loss to the OP because they assume no one would dare to spill negative words out ouf fun but have substantial reason to do so.
This is not a game dave. Chen put his life into this thing and you are joking around with no consequences to fear.

Last edited by mosen; 2017-05-18 at 20:25. Reason: edited out wrong 20% statement

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
It is too late to simply state you are sorry in 7 words.
This thread is felt 20% you asking sarkastic, overbearing and insinuating questions or making jokes on no real basis.
If you do not see that someone new who pulls the tl;dr card and skips through this thread can get a false impression, at least believe someone who explicitly elaborates on you why this could influence this project. Thanks TA over at TJC.
Not to mention cultural differences.
Some people might actually interpret every critic as face loss to the OP because they assume no one would dare to spill negative words out ouf fun but have substantial reason to do so.
This is not a game dave. Chen put his life into this thing and you are joking around with no consequences to fear.
20% hardly, but Ok. false impression of what? That it's a April fools project? Sure, that could happen, on the other hand many poeple can miss this thread isn't visible. Anything can happen.

Culture things. Absolutely that is an issue everywhere . And many stupid things happen becouse of this.

Yes, it's a thread. Not a project for us. It's there. It's started for a reason. Chen&co working hard to get it a go. And we hope it does.

Meanwhile users should allowed to post int it? Both good and bad posts. Jokes? Yes, It depends how you look at it and who. Nowhere do I joke about Chen and if I do I hope he tells me. I'm trying to boost this thread. If we should have it quiet we don't need a thread. That's my view.

But I guess eventually we will get a project thread?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
20% hardly, but Ok.
Sorry for that, i corrected.

Let's stop the OT then and push forward.
Right this is pre-announcement and chen should make a clean thread when it is going official.
Part of the trouble is people (me included) taking this thread for more than it is.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
This is not a game dave.
The Dave hate on this forum is out of control. I love reading Dave's posts. Almost never helpful, almost always entertaining.

We have a very nice community here, so I think people forget that this is a public forum where people can share dissenting (and obnoxious) opinions. It is not Dave's job to worry about how his jokes might derail world peace or cause other global tragedy. He is commenting on something in a place where comments are welcome.

Just ignore him. If you can't do that, that is your issue, not Dave's.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
the thing is, we here know him. And we know why he is beating the dead horse over and over. But the reason for that is ancient history and when someone from the outside stumbles on his crap like here https://blog.jolla.com/oulumo/ he's got no background but only sees seeds of doubt.
For us, he's just a troll. For jolla he's a...... whatever. But doing this to chen really is as low as it can get since this project has nothing to do with jolla except that it will use its OS. But jolla didn't initiate this and can't scam (you like that word Dave, don't you) him or anybody else. I personaly have zero interest in 4:3 8" tablet without cellular connectifity just like I had for the original one so I'll skip this. But I believe that chen will make it just like with that keyboard moto mod because he has some connections and experience (after all, he had some proposals even before this) and he's not promising anything unrealistic, just a device that was once built and components are still available.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Hold your horses. Doing what to Chen?

This is an idea, it can be everything you want, nothing at all and everything in between.

Where is marxien (marxian, what was his name again)with the classic hat of Simpson granpha 360 u-turn gif when we need it.

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-05-19 at 17:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
The Dave hate on this forum is out of control. I love reading Dave's posts. Almost never helpful, almost always entertaining.

We have a very nice community here, so I think people forget that this is a public forum where people can share dissenting (and obnoxious) opinions. It is not Dave's job to worry about how his jokes might derail world peace or cause other global tragedy. He is commenting on something in a place where comments are welcome.

Just ignore him. If you can't do that, that is your issue, not Dave's.
Totally agree, totally entertaining!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
"Free speech" / "free discussion" is a double edged sword. If Dave is free to troll, people who do not approve are free to call him out for acting like a knob.

Don't take this for "dave hate", people are posting rational arguments for why they think he should stop in an effort to change his mind. That isn't hate, it's just disagreement.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
"Free speech" / "free discussion" is a double edged sword. If Dave is free to troll, people who do not approve are free to call him out for acting like a knob.

Don't take this for "dave hate", people are posting rational arguments for why they think he should stop in an effort to change his mind. That isn't hate, it's just disagreement.
Denfenitly true. I think it's good. How else can we change the world? Create a better world and acceptance and increase our global knowledge and awareness.

However personal attacks doesn't lead anywhere and I find it strange that poeple using that. Especially to point out that they think someone else is doing it It only triggers more unnecessary noice and conflicts. Jokes and kindness is the way to go.

I think it's threads like this, ideas like chens that makes up for all the grumpiness around here.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os