Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants

The Following User Says Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
What makes it a bigger bummer to me, I installed the latest Jellybean 4.1 OTA ROM, and god, just god, Jellybean is the best Android OS ever released. Project Butter just makes iOS crap it's pants off.

A Galaxy Nexus + bootloader-unlocked + rooted + CWM + flashed with deodexed insecure 4.1 + Franco kernel equipped + 1.67GHz MPU + 512MHz GPU + SiO + the fact that I got it, brand new, for 325$ = Ohmyinserteveryholyimageinhere.

BUT - Regarding the fact that Flash is one of the key-selling points of Android, what could possibly happen now that Flash got obliterated?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Windows and IE explorer will support flash for long even if IE isn't the best when it comes to flash. flash for andorid is one of the great things so you can watch videos in the browser. Too few using great html5 today.

I think it should be up to the users to decided what to use. Me at least will go with windows tablet so I CAN what flash when I need to until all services support htlm5 in a great way.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
who cares ?
Android is way too boring and if flash goes away ,they gonna go away or perhaps alternatives might get a chance to poke in.

Originally Posted by imo View Post
who cares ?
Android is way too boring and if flash goes away ,they gonna go away or perhaps alternatives might get a chance to poke in.
I still haven't precisely known why exactly Adobe wants to cut Flash. I have Flash 11 installed on Jellybean and it works just as fine.

Maybe this could spark am open source effort of flash into life I mean there was a few efforts before but they didn't get far

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
Maybe this could spark am open source effort of flash into life I mean there was a few efforts before but they didn't get far
Maybe finally we will get rid of this piece of crap once and forever.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
My problem is that there is still soooooo much flash content on the web, and to have non-flash-supporting OS's creates a frustrating experience when you encounter that content. The number one priority is that mobile users have access to mobile content--that's the entire point. So long as the content is flash, the devices and software need to be able to play flash on demand.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
My problem is that there is still soooooo much flash content on the web, and to have non-flash-supporting OS's creates a frustrating experience when you encounter that content. The number one priority is that mobile users have access to mobile content--that's the entire point. So long as the content is flash, the devices and software need to be able to play flash on demand.
See, that is the point, once mobile users have no access to flash ads, flash will fade away in a couple months, as web will change in such a way, that it will allow those ads to reach their destination. And flash on desktop will be shortly to follow, as no sane website will keep two different sets of ads - one for desktop and one for mobile, if latter is supported on desktop too.

At least that is how I see it

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
I have a Nexus and I've installed everything but Flash. I'm living the dream.

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post: