Active Topics

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Just expressing our extreme displeasure on here is not enough, It can just be ignored here. We get it on change.org as tens or hundreds of thousands of people signing the petition and it will hit the media. I signed it and singed it, lets get this thing noticed. Needs more signatures. Nokia is a worldwide corp. 3400 sigs is not enough.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
You're writing a petition to stop something that ain't gonna happen. It's like begging the poorest country in the world to stop developing nuclear weapons.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by herpderp View Post
By the way, Apple is one exaple of a company that benefited from a MS partnership.
As I recall, any "partnership" Apple ever had with Microsoft never benefited Apple in the end. From releasing MS Word/Excel/etc on Apple first all the way to the cash infusion back in 1997. Apple was smart and QUICKLY paid that money back to Microsoft as quickly as possible so that they were no longer indebted to them any longer (but that's hardly a partnership anymore than you are a partner with your credit card company). Really, Apple never had a partnership with Microsoft at any point--just a lot of deals and agreements but they never collaborated TOGETHER in a partnership (i.e. IBM for OS/2, Frontpage, etc.).
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

This is stupid. Nokia and MS are together trying to create a new ecosystem. If you like the word or not, i don't care. But that word is the key. If they succeed, both wil benefit. If not Nokia will be set back to ground zero regarding high end smartphones, but Microsoft will be in deep ****. That's it.

petition to stop microsoft?? common, how are you going to stop MS with a petition?

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere

To all the haters. MS has actually convinced Nokia, that having less BLUE in the following graph is GOOD thing. Look at what happened in 2011/2012, now stop badmouthing the obvious success.

Last edited by Rugoz; 2012-06-07 at 16:41.

We should make a petition to stop Iran/America/Europe making nuclear weapons and instead turn their weapon factories into toy and phone factories

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Dared View Post
I think Gerbick provided the link in another thread...
I'm innocent this time. I didn't link to a petition, just asked if any petitions from change.org were successful.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
But Gerbick loves MS. He has Lumia 900 as his main phone!!

Tags
buysomethinelse, goodbyenokia