Active Topics

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Jordan
sudo gainroot
reboot

then nokia logo appears for 10 sec then n900 shutdown
any help ?

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Are you using power kernel?

The use of Power Kernel shouldn't make a difference in itself. This might seem an obvious question but how long have you waited? I have also had problems with this, though sometimes found my device takes longer to turn around. I'll time it now...

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ england
i hope your still not timing it lol

Indeed!

Last night it worked fine but no joy today. So now I guess I'm in the same position as the OP.

Any ideas, anyone?

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Chennai, India
One more such case. I use multiboot and power kernel. When i reboot, with keyboard open,the boot menu opens and if i select any option (1.stock,2.power kernel,3.nitdroid these are what i have), the screen changes to that option's details and then busssssssss... nothing happens. The screen turns off, the device turns off. Then i manually turn the phone on again,things work fine. Only problem is when i reboot.

Also to be noted, when i reboot with the keyboard closed, there is no multiboot screen, and so there is no problem. The booting happens smooth into the same kernel which i use when i reboot.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Russia
Have same problem, with reboot, and with multiboot

Originally Posted by Zas View Post
Are you using power kernel?
yup

Originally Posted by demolition View Post
The use of Power Kernel shouldn't make a difference in itself. This might seem an obvious question but how long have you waited? I have also had problems with this, though sometimes found my device takes longer to turn around. I'll time it now...
i am not sure but i think this problem occurs after overclocking my N900

Originally Posted by mr_xzibit View Post
i hope your still not timing it lol
heheh no :P just 1 time

Originally Posted by demolition View Post
Indeed!

Last night it worked fine but no joy today. So now I guess I'm in the same position as the OP.

Any ideas, anyone?
i think so :P

Originally Posted by manojkumaru View Post
One more such case. I use multiboot and power kernel. When i reboot, with keyboard open,the boot menu opens and if i select any option (1.stock,2.power kernel,3.nitdroid these are what i have), the screen changes to that option's details and then busssssssss... nothing happens. The screen turns off, the device turns off. Then i manually turn the phone on again,things work fine. Only problem is when i reboot.

Also to be noted, when i reboot with the keyboard closed, there is no multiboot screen, and so there is no problem. The booting happens smooth into the same kernel which i use when i reboot.
same thing both ways :S keep turning of

Originally Posted by ForeverYoung View Post
Have same problem, with reboot, and with multiboot
i dont have multiboot :S