Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
In the absence of anything solid, as well as the fun associated with any rumour mill, any bets on release dates?

I'm hedging (no pun intended) on 2006. While the Xmas rush seems like a goldmine, we've seen no solid advertising or marketing behind the 770. As well, they've stated numerous times that new software is set to be rolled out in 2006. Seems like a nightmare to push tablets to market only to have to support updating them en masse for Q1 2006.

My bet is that we'll see the 770 Q1 2006, with whatever advertising gusto Nokia can muster reserved for the Xmas season.

I agree.. I bought a video iPod yesteday to hold me over! (love gadgets)....I will be at CES 2006 in LV. I have convinced myself that the CES would be a great venue to launch the 770 and makes more sense marketing wise but what do I know? lol

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
I disagree. Nokia hasn't said much, but they have indicated the device will be out for XMas.

Originally Posted by RogerS
I disagree. Nokia hasn't said much, but they have indicated the device will be out for XMas.
I hope. It would be nice but the closer to Christimas we get and no Nokia 770, the more likely I am to wait to see it at CES Jan 4-8,2006 (I would hope it would be exhibited there?).

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Savannah, GA
I'm certainly hoping its before then and actually happens in the next couple of weeks as alluded to by various posts in the last couple of weeks. I'm biting my nails daily it seems. I'm fixated on a November 20th release or so, in time for the Thanksgiving-Xmas rush.

Robert ;>)

Mid-November is my guess too. I think the Maemo team just wants more installable apps ready by its release.

Here are the apps that are ready:

1. Bluetooth keyboard plugin
2. Game: Snake
3. X Terminal Emulator
4. Application Installer package converter
5. Dropbear SSH client and server
6. Irssi IRC client
7. Plucker Viewer
8. GPE PIM suite
9. GPE-mini-browser
10. GAIM internet messenger
11. ScummVM
12. X-Chat
13. GPE-sudoku

wow that's an impressive list, you know if the nokia can have enough features to make it a good note taking device then SCREW BINDERS! textbook and my nokia is all you need!