Notices

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
@carlon: Double check the settings, it seems fmms is unable to connect to the MMSC properly

Originally Posted by youngcalihottie View Post
i finally have money in my paypal and i want to donate to u, but your link isnt working! i think i donated before? i dont remember. but anyway i want to donate more. this is one of the most important apps for the n900 and i cant believe nokia didnt pay you for something they should have done!

here is what i get...
"The connection has timed out
The server at blog.frals.se is taking too long to respond."

Also, I would like an option in the settings to have all mms images automatically saved to my gallery (not just show in the gallery but also be saved in a folder where they will remain after i delete the mms). hopefully that would be something easy to do? does that sound like something u might have time for?

thanks again frails youre amazing!
Sorry, my webserver went bonkers, link is available on http://mms.frals.se now :-)

As for features I won't make any promises, I've not had time to look at it for a long time unfortunately

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

Posts: 328 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Venezuela
Hi frals, i managed to get the settings sorted but i'm back to the issue where i can receive mms but when i try to send the messages are marked sent a ok, the show up as sent, and i get billed for sending it but they are not delivered at the destination. i don't know whats going wrong.

i tried removing, purging and re-installing even reflashing but nothing. i use version 1.3.4

have you heard of anything like this? is there any way you can help?

not sure if someone has mentioned this, but when I try to send a MMS to a Blackberry or Iphone, they don't receive it....why is that? but if the same message is sent to android device, they can see it.

would it ever be possible to integrate picture/voice/file messages in the maemo conversation box? kinda like how palm pre blackberry and iphone have it?

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by CasTTeLLo View Post
Last week i have reflash my device to pr1.3 again and fmms stop working....i'm using celcom provider and try to reinstall but no luck....just to be sure its not only me....
after reflash did u fresh install fmms or using backup to reinstall it???

fresh install wont cause any problem.... reinstall from backup might be....

reset setting on fmms then send one mms to test it....

remember this...looks carefully at the fmms setting (celcom provider) internet connection....
look at the access point name...if it "unet" then make sure the your device is in dual mode (3G+GSM)...if you put only GSM then you might only can receive it but not sending it....

The Following User Says Thank You to pusak gaoq For This Useful Post:
Hi,

At some point with the latest CSSU updates fMMS has stopped working for me. I received a new MMS but when I tap the message in the list the fetching MMS note is displayed and it stays there forever.

I'm using Elisa's SIM. I have an AP named "Elisa MMS" in the Internet connections, all the settings for that should be as listed here http://wiki.maemo.org/MMS_configurations#Finland. And also the connection settings in fMMS are correct and it was working just a few days back.

Any clues why it does not succeed in fetching the message anymore?

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by DJPecu View Post
I have an AP named "Elisa MMS" in the Internet connections, all the settings for that should be as listed here http://wiki.maemo.org/MMS_configurations#Finland. And also the connection settings in fMMS are correct and it was working just a few days back.

Any clues why it does not succeed in fetching the message anymore?
It may be that fMMS has the wrong MMS AP name remembered? There's a way to set that with gconf, but I'm not sure what it is. I'm pretty sure it's in this thread though, so a thread search should find it.

One thing to try: Switch modes in fMMS (Havoc, Rude, Polite), and exit, then re-run it and change it back to what you had. I find sometimes after an update that fixes any little glitches that may be introduced by settings not migrating quite right between versions.

I have reciently purchased the N900 and have installed fMMS. I have followed all the instructions to set it up however it will not download any MMS messages. whenever I try to open a message I get a message saying "opperation failed" however no other information. I have tried re-installing and re-booting the phone and changing the settings and nothing seems to work. any ideas on why this might be?

The Following User Says Thank You to themerc32 For This Useful Post:
I have had a similar experience to the sender in the above post.

When I installed fMMS I forgot to configure the network settings (oops!). I now have a couple of messages in my inbox that can't be opened, while those sent/received since remebering to configure the settings work fine.

Any ideas on how to open the messages that have delivered header only?

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
I have had a similar experience to the sender in the above post.

When I installed fMMS I forgot to configure the network settings (oops!). I now have a couple of messages in my inbox that can't be opened, while those sent/received since remebering to configure the settings work fine.

Any ideas on how to open the messages that have delivered header only?
change the network mode to havoc....save the setting,reboot & try re-download the mms...

Hi,

I have a N900 and I installed fMMS a long time ago.

A couple of months I'm having some problems: when I receive a MMS i try to download and read it but the system said "Operation failed". When I download succesfully the mms I can't touch on respond(SMS) because the sender is "0". Can somebody help me?

Another question: Can I save mms on my pc? If yes, how?

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python