Notices

Stratagus & Wargus are now in Extras-Testing. Now Wargus depends on more external programs/libraries which must be accepted to Extras before Wargus. So please vote for all Wargus packages (list of links for packages are in first post)

wargus and stargus are loading fine but crash when the game is completely loaded i see the map and the tip window than it immediately closes ...even after a complete reflash
...pls hep :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to awett For This Useful Post:
Same here, tried it some days ago, with Kernel-power49, CSSU and with omap1 kernel.

Map loads and the first tip is on the screen, when closing the tip wargus crashes and goes to desktop. If tips are disabled it crashes to desktop immediately after loading the map.
Would be nice to get this working, anybody has an idea how to fix this?

The Following User Says Thank You to eight For This Useful Post:
I will try to find out problem. After releasing version 2.2.6 more people contribute different patches which fixed some errors.

Maybe I will release new version 2.2.6.1 as bugfix version...

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
thank you for your quick replay and all your work :-)!!

Problem was found. Stratagus segfault if was started from Menu. If you start Wargus from xterm it works fine.

$ /usr/games/wargus

I do not know why Stratagus crashing. Now I'm sure that it is not caused by Maemo system (DBus registration).

Temporary solution is to start wargus from xterm.

EDIT: Problem is not caused by Maemo system. I thought that hildon-xxx kill stratagus due to some dbus problem, but it is not true. I attached debugger gdb to running stratagus process and I got SIGSEGV on function: int CPlayer::CheckLimits (file player.cpp line 565). No idea how to fix it

Last edited by pali; 2012-02-05 at 16:23.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 113 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Argentina
The problem is very strange indeed. For me it crashes with SIGSEGV at the same function every time I close the tips window in the first mission of the orc campaign.
When I run the game directly from the N900 it crashes every time, but I logged from my computer through ssh to my N900 and ran it from there and it works well! any idea?

The Following User Says Thank You to NerdKnight For This Useful Post:
ARM has by default unsigned char and X86 has signed char. One problem in stratagus could be this, becuase stratagus needs signed char.

Now I commited patch to trunk which add gcc param -fsigned-char which tell gcc that char is by default signed on all platforms. In trunk are more other patches and now verson which I compiled working without crashing.

I do not know which commit fixed maemo problem, but I cannot reproduce crash on maemo anymore.

So I will release new version and for maemo too :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 113 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Argentina
I've reinstalled Wargus and I already had the data extracted, but the post-install script wants to extract it again and fails if I cancel it, leaving the package unconfigured. Is there a way to make this optional or check if the data is already extracted?

The Following User Says Thank You to NerdKnight For This Useful Post:
If data was correctly extracted for current version, install script will not extract it again.

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:

Tags
stratagus, warcraft, wargus