Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
BTW: If you go to Talk and open General, the first sticky is the official place to introduce yourself. But this worked out nicely, I think.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by ligiahag7902 View Post
Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here?
As long as they're not looking to spam the forum with warez links, sure.

Oops.

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
I (and a few of my friends) (who are andriod fans) am waiting for your expirians after you get the magic (N900).

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ P.A.
Wanted to say what's up to every1 here on the site. BY NO MEANS am i a developer, nor a hacker/programmer but a HUGE fan of this OS. I don't even own a N900 or any piece of Maemo technology. Love Nokia products. Just from reading blogs/forums & watching different videos, & seeing the different things this OS is capable of, seems like my kind of OS. Love tinkering with my devices, (altering settings & features to make it a more personal experience) & can't wait for this N9/N950 to come out, as it will be my first Maemo/Meego device. Now for the million dollar question, does anyone think i should stay away from this type of device, being that it's known as being a "geek" or developer/hacker device ? I mean, i'm a carpenter for christ sake....lol. Dying for a new phone, currently have a E71, & would literally HATE to go the Apple route.... Any advice would be appreciated....

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by scapegoat845 View Post
Wanted to say what's up to every1 here on the site. BY NO MEANS am i a developer, nor a hacker/programmer but a HUGE fan of this OS. I don't even own a N900 or any piece of Maemo technology. Love Nokia products. Just from reading blogs/forums & watching different videos, & seeing the different things this OS is capable of, seems like my kind of OS. Love tinkering with my devices, (altering settings & features to make it a more personal experience) & can't wait for this N9/N950 to come out, as it will be my first Maemo/Meego device. Now for the million dollar question, does anyone think i should stay away from this type of device, being that it's known as being a "geek" or developer/hacker device ? I mean, i'm a carpenter for christ sake....lol. Dying for a new phone, currently have a E71, & would literally HATE to go the Apple route.... Any advice would be appreciated....
the n950 isn't out yet. The Meego DE project is going well and it looks like it's going to be a sweet experience eventually.
But think about it: Maemo is amazing because of all the community effort. For Meego to get that will take some time - that's assuming the community hasn't decided to abandon Nokia like Nokia seems to be doing at every turn.

So the answer is wait and watch. There's still some time before anyone can say for sure how good the n950 or Meego will be for the end user.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
the n950 isn't out yet. The Meego DE project is going well and it looks like it's going to be a sweet experience eventually.
But think about it: Maemo is amazing because of all the community effort. For Meego to get that will take some time - that's assuming the community hasn't decided to abandon Nokia like Nokia seems to be doing at every turn.

So the answer is wait and watch. There's still some time before anyone can say for sure how good the n950 or Meego will be for the end user.
Gotcha. I def was gonna wait a while for the 1st Meego device to be reviewed in detail. Even if the N950 is Maemo outta the box, do u think there's enough community support for a clueless noob like myself ? I would like to get into tinkering or "hacking" my device....

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by scapegoat845 View Post
Gotcha. I def was gonna wait a while for the 1st Meego device to be reviewed in detail. Even if the N950 is Maemo outta the box, do u think there's enough community support for a clueless noob like myself ? I would like to get into tinkering or "hacking" my device....
I think the people who love Maemo will love Meego just as much - maybe even more... which implies that the community will be just as supportive for Meego.
Eventually Meego will definitely be better than Maemo - for noobs and 'leet people alike.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Cool thanx

I'm sure, All fans have enjoyed this community and share updates.