Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
Hi,

I was looking for a replacement battery for my N810 and I found an extremely cheap one from Deal Extreme that claims to be the same capacity as the original battery. For $3.25 and free shipping, I couldn't resist trying it out.

I've ordered from Deal Extreme in the past with very good results. They take around 2 weeks to fill and ship the order but if you are not in a hurry, the price is right.

Frank

When you get the battery please let us know about it. I am also looking for a couple of extra batteries.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
I second that, do post here and let us know how the battery turns out to be.

I'm hoping I'm wrong, but I don't think there's anyway in hell that these batteries are nothing more than a cheap chinese knockoff. I guess for that kind of money, it's worth a try, but any battery I've purchased cheap, even when it's stating the same capacity as the original Nokia battery, turns out to be a disappointment. If it turns out that these batteries give you less than 4 hours of use, rather than the the 7 with the nokia genuine battery, I guess you can then decide if those batteries were worth it to you. If they give you the full genuine Nokia battery time, then I guess I'll eat crow.

The Following User Says Thank You to callanish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
I will post my results. An offhand calculation shows that I can buy 12 of these for the price of the Nokia replacement, unless someone can point me to a good place to get Nokia branded batteries (which are more than likely made in China as well). The best price I found was around $40.

Edit: Ebay seems to have plenty of original batteries for around $15.

thanks,
Frank

Last edited by Frank Banul; 2009-06-10 at 18:16.

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by callanish View Post
If it turns out that these batteries give you less than 4 hours of use, rather than the the 7 with the nokia genuine battery, I guess you can then decide if those batteries were worth it to you. If they give you the full genuine Nokia battery time, then I guess I'll eat crow.
I, too have a cheap knockoff battery (and desk charger!) on the way from eBay, that i paid $6.99 for.

I would be extremely happy if this battery lasts 4 hours. A 4 hour cheap battery means that my OEM battery has just been in the desk charger for 4 hours!

The Following User Says Thank You to JayOnThaBeat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Frank Banul View Post
Edit: Ebay seems to have plenty of original batteries for around $15.

thanks,
Frank
I read somewhere on here that a lot of those "official" Nokia batteries are counterfeit.

I think the bottom line is, if you want a real good, real nokia battery, you're gonna spend $40+.

HIGHLY likely that the ones on eBay for $15 are not genuine Nokia. I have an E71, which uses the same BP-4L. I've used a knock-off, it does not last nearly as long as a legitimate one, however for $3, it's a cheap safety-net incase your battery dies and you need to make a phone call.

Having said that, I bought 3, the day that DX started stocking them.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ London
My experience with ebaying batteries: http://www.flickr.com/photos/qviri/2921241678/

I do have to say that it was significantly cheaper than I could have gotten from Nokia and can give me a bit of use when otherwise I would be stranded. This is assuming I remember to charge it up; it loses charge when not in use much faster than the original...

Last edited by qviri; 2009-06-10 at 21:09.

Originally Posted by qviri View Post
My experience with ebaying batteries: http://www.flickr.com/photos/qviri/2921241678/
There's a Chinese food joke in there somewhere...