Active Topics

This may be a dumb question (feel free to explain why)

Is there anyway to put a LAMP server on OS08?

This may seem counterintuitive because the internet tablet is usually used to take content from web servers, but I find having my own personal web server very useful:

I have a LAMP server on my desktop and create little web applications that I can access offline (and sync the data online). It would be helpful to a lot of us that know how to do web programming, but have never used GTK+.

Even if there isn't a way to set up a LAMP server, are there any alternatives?

Thanks for the time,
CG

Well...

You already have the L. The A is available (but I would use Ngninx). M I don't know. P is available to work with Nginx, no A support yet.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ south germany
M is availyble too, but (for me) it's not possible to get the M working with P together.... Maybe P has to be recompiled with the M option.

A(nginx) and P(php5-fastcgi) are working perfectly together on my N800 - and L too, of course...

Nginx with PHP seems to be the best option as of now. I suppose most things could be saved as "text" files instead of database files anyways.

You wouldn't happen to know of a nice walk-through or tutorial for installing nginx with PHP would you? I searched the Nginx site and found one example, but it never hurts asking if other people found better material.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
... why? It'd be hella underpowered.

*scoff* Underpowered? Nokia runs their repositories on a 770 Lamp, and they work fine

Last edited by Aisu; 2007-12-23 at 06:18.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Actually, it's two GameBoys with a link cable. One for storage, the other to serve content