Notices

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
Translation and some testing done...

If not a Valhalla issue, there is a missing translation string. Maybe also a bug? Can't really test it.
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by eson View Post
Translation and some testing done...

If not a Valhalla issue, there is a missing translation string. Maybe also a bug? Can't really test it.
Thank you very much!

That's Valhalla's output, unfortunately. So, we have to translate that through Valhalla.

What the server does is starting Valhalla as a separate process. Then it catches the output and forwards it to INFO stream. Unfortunately, Valhalla is a rather chatty beast and would be telling a lot of details when calculating the route. Maybe we should just ignore these messages and show on GUI only if requested by the user? Let's see what is the reaction of the users when it all gets supported by the clients.

PS: This WARN message is harmless since we don't use extracts in such form

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
That's Valhalla's output, unfortunately. So, we have to translate that through Valhalla.
Ok, thanks! I will take a look at Valhalla translation, but as Swedish translation isn't even started, it will take some time. Lots of complicated strings to translate.
Think I'll need client support to get a grip of it all.

Ok, thanks! I will take a look at Valhalla translation, but as Swedish translation isn't even started, it will take some time. Lots of complicated strings to translate.
Think I'll need client support to get a grip of it all.
Yes, and as mentioned earlier, client support is coming .

Before getting into translating Valhalla, its probably good to add github issue in their project (https://github.com/valhalla/valhalla). Valhalla's developers are quite fast to respond, but they do it during workdays - its their day job! As I could see in the issue tracker, Valhalla is considering moving translations into a separate platform as well. It would be good to tell your plan to translate via the issue and, I am sure, they will help you with the process.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Yes, and as mentioned earlier, client support is coming
Do you know a nice desktop client (linux) I can use to play with Valhalla?

Do you know a nice desktop client (linux) I can use to play with Valhalla?
No, not really. modRana is not supporting it yet. I played a bit with the leaflet, but its not ready for mobile release. Maybe I'll look into it soon again.

On Linux (or any PC), you could subscribe to Mapzen developer id (should be free as long as you don't exceed their limits) and make a small web-page with leaflet. See https://github.com/valhalla/valhalla...ng-to-a-map.md for tutorial. Note that you don't need any web-server, just point the browser to a corresponding HTML file.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
For a fun of it, I benchmarked the routers on the same hardware. I used Nexus 4 and calculated a route from Stockholm to Aarhus (or nearby it). Rote itself is a bit more than 900 km.

Test results:

SFOS, Valhalla: on cold start (boot of the phone), it took 12 seconds from starting calculations in Poor Maps till getting the result. This includes geocoder search result for target and origin, communication between Poor Maps and the server (3 requests, 2x geocoder + 1 route). Out of these, Valhalla used only 5 seconds according to its logs.

SFOS, Valhalla: reroute calculation (Poor Maps navigation cleared, closed, and started again) took 5-6 seconds (2 were used by Valhalla itself). In this case, server was still running after it calculated the route. So, few things were in FS and application caches.

Android, MAPS.ME: Same route, without geocoder since it searches for origin and target separately. For route calculation, it took ... 50 seconds . Recalculation of the route by using a target nearby: 50 seconds again.

Android OsmAnd+: Again, geocoder is out of equation since GPS coordinates are used when calculating route. Here it took about 2 minutes(+-5 seconds).

So, we are getting a rather fast router. It would take some time to get it into clients, but not too long (NB: 'soon' not used). Libosmscout is quite fast as well (I leave its benchmarking for users when Valhalla can be compared against it).

@eson and other translators: Valhalla developers would love to get your help and extra languages on their server.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
No, not really. modRana is not supporting it yet.
Just wanted to note I am aware of this and it's one of the items on top of my priority list.

I plan to do some traveling in the summer, so support for a robust and fast offline router in modRana will certainly be handy.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
0.10.1 is out with the updated translations. Translators, thank you very much for this great job!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Dec 2015 @ Spain
Excelent work. But I have a problem, when I activate Valhalla as route engine in OSM Scout Server, PoorMaps can't calculate any route. It always reports "No results". What is what I'm doing wrong?

If I disable Valhalla in OSM Scout Server, It works perfect, as expected.

I have SFOS 2.1.0.11 installed.

Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to ferlanero For This Useful Post:

Tags
geocoder, linux, offline maps, router, sailfish os, tiles