Posts: 18 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ delaware
ok got widget working seems just fine thank you. next question where is the ussd-pad located would like to use it too is it ready thanks again

yes it is missing.

What _I_ do not understand is why the developer didn't:

(1) check to see if the dialer UI is in the maemo SVN, or
(2) offer to help the nokia developers actually INTEGRATE USSD into the dialer, _INSTEAD OF MAKING A WHOLE NEW APP_

This shows a complete lack of regard for integration, and UI.

I suggest that this be done...if not by the original developer, then I will take on the task.

-Thom

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Texas, USA
Originally Posted by tschak909 View Post
(2) offer to help the nokia developers actually INTEGRATE USSD into the dialer, _INSTEAD OF MAKING A WHOLE NEW APP_
The phone package is not open source.

USSD is supposed to be coming in PR1.2 so in a few months all of this will be moot.

I suggest that this be done...if not by the original developer, then I will take on the task.

-Thom
I didn't because phone application is not open and widget does absolutely different thing, than dialer. Dialer just allows to make queries. Widget filters, transforms, makes them by timer and shows.
And I want it NOW, not in several months.
Originally Posted by mooninite View Post
The phone package is not open source.

USSD is supposed to be coming in PR1.2 so in a few months all of this will be moot.
Widget and dialer do different job. They will not concure.

And you, Sir, show a complete lack of regard to a community member who actually delivers solutions and supports them, thus quicky fixing a glaring omission on Nokia's part, thus helping out a lot of stuck users... as opposed to your self-rigtheous, condescending, semi capitalized *rant*.

The Following User Says Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
I confirm, that call forwarding is NOT done by USSD queries. It is done via another AT command, +CCFC, and described in section 7.10 of GSM 07.07. Consider call forwarding applet for call forwarding. USSD widget wouldn't support this because it is not it's job.

I can't get it to work. I dial *222# and I always get the following message: "ERROR: Couldn't parse modem answer." On my E50 and every other phone it works just fine. Is there any way to fix this?

I'm in Brazil and my operator is TIM, if it matters.

Originally Posted by The_Legend View Post
I can't get it to work. I dial *222# and I always get the following message: "ERROR: Couldn't parse modem answer." On my E50 and every other phone it works just fine. Is there any way to fix this?

I'm in Brazil and my operator is TIM, if it matters.
Does it print anything after this message? Latest version should print the answer, which could not be parsed.
It would be better, if you would copy it from console instead of retyping.

Originally Posted by KiberGus View Post
Does it print anything after this message? Latest version should print the answer, which could not be parsed.
It would be better, if you would copy it from console instead of retyping.
Interesting... I just tried using the terminal, and when I send the command at+cusd=1,"*222#",1, I get and ERROR message (just this, ERROR), but if I send the command at+cusd=1,"*222#",15, that's the answer I get:

USD: 0,"Saldo
Recarga:R$22,54 Val:06/05/10
Para saldos promocionais ligue *767#.
",15
The empty spaces between Saldo and Recarga is quite strange, but I don't care, only what's just after that. But I still get that error message from USSDPAD / WIDGET. Can anyone help me?

Tags
dial, dialing, lack of phone features, lack of quality control, sms, telephony, ussd