There was a security update for Maemo 2 weeks ago. Being the good citizen that I am I let it perform the upgrade and since then my GPS has stopped working.

I can't get a lock. Ever. Seems too big of a coincidence, as it always got a lock in seconds before the dreadful upgrade. Has anyone else noticed this? Can something be done about it?

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
it's been a year that you joined the forum... You should know that a simple search would show you that this has been discussed many times before...

you only need to change supl.nokia.com into supl.google.com from the device settings.

Hmm, I would not have thought this was an old problem since it only surfaced after a recent update.

I did search the forums, but very specific to my problem with the N900. Most search results were very generic (like polls about "what would you like to see in the n900" or topics about overclocking and such, nothing really about the problem I was having.)

Going back to the beginning and re-reading every thread ever posted is not really a feasible option, sometimes you just have to ask something again.

But still: thanks for the solution.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Try the following:

1, In Settings, Location, untick both Enable boxes
2, Click Save
3, In Settings, Location, tick both Enable boxes
4, Click Save

This worked for me after AGPS stopped working in PR1.3.1. I am still using supl.nokia.com, not supl.google.com, and it's now working fine after doing the above.

I am also on supl.nokia.com and it works for me, but it took a long time for the gps to get a signal the first time I use the maps after upgrading.

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on May 2011 @ india
I had not update my phone still it was not working for me
so i chnged supl.nokia.com to supl.google.com and now it's working so this problem is not related to maemo security uodate.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@forsagar,

I do think it is. I always used supl.nokia.com and got an instant lock. After the PR1.3.1 I read here about problems with AGPS and verified that I also had the problem.

After changing to supl.google.com it worked again. Now I have to see if going back to supl.nokia.com works again, i.e. following @pelago's advice above.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
supl.nokia.com stopped working for many people around the time of the update, but independently from the fact that they updated or not.
The fact that many people use AGPS and many people install security updates results in a high correlation between the events, and thus many people assuming (most likely wrongly) a relation between the two.

That absolutely doesn't mean there is any causality involved.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@erendorn,

I guess you're right. Thanks. I just did what @pelago said above and still didn't get a fix (at least in the 1 minute I waited). Switching to google gave me a fix in about 5 seconds.

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on May 2011 @ india
@ reinob
@ erendorn

I checked my maemo software version and it is 20.2010.36-2(pr 1.3). Still I was having that problem with supl.nokia.com. So sure that update have no correlation with AGPS.

The Following User Says Thank You to forsagar For This Useful Post:

Tags
causalisation, correlation