Active Topics

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I was forced to pull the battery out by a runaway app and ended up with a corrupt email database. Much better than the last time it happened though, when I ended up with a corrupt optfs and had to restore from backup. This time I fixed it by deleting and recreating the account and everything works fine.

However, here is my question. I had five accounts, lets call them Account1, Account2 etc up to Account5. Strewn all over my fs, I found folders with corresponding names, namely Account1ID through Account5ID. Deleting Account5 deleted the folders Account5ID except in one place, /var/lib/gconf/apps/modest/accounts. Recreating the account left the old folder and created a new one, Account5ID1.

Never mind, I thought, I'll just delete the account again, this time including the folders, and recreate it again. I ended up with Account5ID2. So I am guessing there is a config file somewhere but I cannot find it. Can anyone help?

It does not bother me as such as it works fine as it is but I am a fussy fellow and like things neat and tidy

Last edited by pichlo; 2012-12-12 at 12:37. Reason: Added "solved" to subject

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Have you tried looking at debug info?

Try running:
Code:
 /usr/bin/maemo-summoner /usr/bin/modest.launch -s > /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/log 2>&1
and look at the log file in .documents.
by running
Code:
cat /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/log

The Following User Says Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Code:
N900:~$ /usr/bin/maemo-summoner /usr/bin/modest.launch -s > /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/log 2>&1
N900:~$ cat /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/log 
maemo-summoner: summoning '/usr/bin/modest.launch'
maemo-summoner: opening of /usr/bin/modest.launch took 345124 usec
N900:~$
Tried with reading some emails and closing, then again the same but also with deleting and recreating an account. Same results, only the times were different.

As I say, modest works fine. It's just the folder names on the file system that I have a question about. It created new folders,
Code:
./var/lib/gconf/apps/modest/accounts/Account5ID3
./var/lib/gconf/apps/modest/server_accounts/Account5ID3_store
./var/lib/gconf/apps/modest/server_accounts/Account5ID3_transport
./home/user/.modest/cache/mail/maildir/home/user/.modest/outboxes/Account5ID3
./home/user/.modest/outboxes/Account5ID3
How does it know that I had Account5ID, Account5ID1 and Account5ID2 once, even though I (thought that I) deleted all traces of them?

Did you actually remove the modest folders?

Would this score any effect?
Code:
gconftool --recursive-unset /apps/modest

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by anthonie View Post
Did you actually remove the modest folders?
Yes, after deleting the account in modest I found left-over folders on the file system and deleted them manually:
Code:
rm -r ./var/lib/gconf/apps/modest/accounts/Account5ID2
rm -r ./home/user/.modest/cache/mail/maildir/home/user/.modest/outboxes/Account5ID2
Would this score any effect?
Code:
gconftool --recursive-unset /apps/modest
That was a bit drastic as it cleared all my accounts but once recreated, the folders started over without the 1,2,3 appendix.
Thanks, that's just what I was after.

That was a bit drastic as it cleared all my accounts but once recreated, the folders started over without the 1,2,3 appendix.
Sorry for that as I assumed that wasn't a problem.

How does it know that I had Account5ID, Account5ID1 and Account5ID2 once, even though I (thought that I) deleted all traces of them?
This, however, remains to be a good question.

Edit: Thanks for updating the thread title.

Last edited by anthonie; 2012-12-12 at 12:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by anthonie View Post
Sorry for that as I assumed that wasn't a problem.
No it wasn't. I assumed it would do that. It was just a little warning if somebody else would try to follow

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: